The Student Room Group

Best Nightclub in London?

Hey everyone!

What do you think is the best nightclub in London , for 18/19 year olds?

Do you have any specific favourite nights?

And if you haven't been to any.. the ones that you've heard most about?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my favs are matter and ministry.

not so much because of the clubs, matter is quite plain, but because they play the music i like and their big and loud, lol

if your into house/trance/electro they are best, maybe pacha and house and terrace (i dont like this venue celling too low) too
Reply 2
Movida!

Reply 3
Fabric, matter

Aquarium is good for the novelty

My fave is trailer trash probably, used to be the end but it shut down :s-smilie:
Reply 4
klempto
Movida!

This place looks like the enemy of having fun on a night out
Reply 5
Heaven :awesome:
Punk, through and through.
Aquarium is dire - though it has a pool.

**** places like Movida. Too pretentious imo; overpriced, boring music, a load of middle aged white coke head men flirting with 19 year olds. Not my scene. Plus you can't get too drunk or whatever, as you look like a ****.

What type of music do you like? If anyone suggests Cheap$kates I will neg them.

Fabric is awesome, but overhyped imo. There's a grimy Dubstep type club called 'The Egg' in Camden, which is like a cheap Fabric and a complete pill maze. I like it. :top:

Heaven is pretty fun - though it's a gay club, so be forewarned. I hear alot about Punk, haven't been though.

The End... :sad:
Reply 8
a_t
This place looks like the enemy of having fun on a night out

It's a good club! Have you ever been to Movida?

Seriously, its a very well decorated, good music, classy people go there, not too crowded like some clubs, there is still a lot of people there but you can actually walk around without bumping into people or having people spill their drinks on you...
klempto

Seriously, its a very well decorated, good music, classy people go there, not too crowded like some clubs, there is still a lot of people there but you can actually walk around without bumping into people or having people spill their drinks on you...

HATE places like that.
HATE.
Reply 10
Matter.
Only been twice, don't live anywhere near LDN :frown:

Edit: Did you know there was over 60 toilets there?! :tongue:
Reply 11
Bubbles*de*Milo
**** places like Movida. Too pretentious imo; overpriced, boring music, a load of middle aged white coke head men flirting with 19 year olds. Not my scene. Plus you can't get too drunk or whatever, as you look like a ****.

You're right about that. You can't really get a drink for cheaper than £10 in there.

In my opinion it is a good thing that Movida is overpriced as it prevents people becoming drunk and disorderly and prevents the place becoming too busy and overcrowded. I like it. Plus, it looks lovely!
klempto
You're right about that. You can't really get a drink for cheaper than £10 in there.

In my opinion it is a good thing that Movida is overpriced as it prevents people becoming drunk and disorderly and prevents the place becoming too busy and overcrowded. I like it. Plus, it looks lovely!

Yeah, so there's a bunch of semi-drunk middle class people dancing to 80s music and **** remixes. Erm..

Edit: Haven't actually been to Movida. Ha, I got into China Whites loads of times for free last summer, free drinks entrance, we didn't pay for anything ever, didn't pay a penny, cause my friend was screwing the manager, or her friend was or something. We saw Jordan absolutely wasted dancing on a sofa. Fun times... :sadnod:
Reply 13
BJP
Matter.
Only been twice, don't live anywhere near LDN :frown:

Edit: Did you know there was over 60 toilets there?! :tongue:

There look to be a lot of middle aged people that go clubbing in that place.
Reply 14
Bubbles*de*Milo
Aquarium is dire - though it has a pool.

What type of music do you like? If anyone suggests Cheap$kates I will neg them.

Fabric is awesome, but overhyped imo. There's a grimy Dubstep type club called 'The Egg' in Camden, which is like a cheap Fabric and a complete pill maze. I like it. :top:

Heaven is pretty fun - though it's a gay club, so be forewarned. I hear alot about Punk, haven't been though.

The End... :sad:

I was there last night :cry: was awful but everyone was going because exams ended, my god the music, awful

Wet yourself used to be great at Aquarium, was all minimal electro, moved to fabric now though

klempto

It sounds exactly the same as boujis and volstead, at least mahiki was full of abercrombie and fitch models on mondays but even that sucks, I will never go to this place

And good music? Erm yeah right.... Is it the top 40 on a CD followed by stuff like insomnia by faithless? A song that is like as old as I am

Anyway the best nights are the messy ones :biggrin:

Oh I missed out one of my fave places!!! Shunt!!! I urge you to go before it shuts down (unless it has already) it is one of the most unique and unforgettable clubbing experiences you will ever have
Reply 15
Bubbles*de*Milo
Yeah, so there's a bunch of semi-drunk upper class people dancing to 80s music and **** remixes. Erm..

Edit: Haven't actually been to Movida. Ha, I got into China Whites loads of times for free last summer, free drinks entrance, we didn't pay for anything ever, didn't pay a penny, cause my friend was screwing the manager, or her friend was or something. We saw Jordan absolutely wasted dancing on a sofa. Fun times... :sadnod:

Fyp :p:

If movida isn't really your scene bubbles da milo, what sort of places do you like? Tiger Tiger? Vodka Revolutions? Liguid and Envy?
Reply 16
thanks for the ideas guys!

I'n into r&b, hip hop, pop, rock, trance, garage
pretty much everything (to an extent)

don't want it to be too pricey either!! Can't afford drink for a tenner! :O
klempto
Fyp :p:

If movida isn't really your scene bubbles da milo, what sort of places do you like? Tiger Tiger? Vodka Revolutions? Liguid and Envy?

http://www.egglondon.net/

No idea what the drinks costs though. :awesome:

Not too expensive, not loads of security, sick music.

DODGY, DODGY, DODGY people there though. Go in a group. A big group.
Reply 18
yeah it does look pretty good on the website

then again websites don't mean much i guess!

last time, i went to onanon and they played such old songs! :angry:
Reply 19
Bubbles*de*Milo
http://www.egglondon.net/

No idea what the drinks costs though. :awesome:

Not too expensive, not loads of security, sick music.

DODGY, DODGY, DODGY people there though. Go in a group. A big group.

I don't find that at all! I just think that everyone is on another planet most of the time :p:

I used to go to the End but as it's closed I'm leaning towards Egg. I love going on a Saturday then staying in for the breakfast at Egg which you can just carry on Sunday morning. It's good in the summer as well as it has an outside area which is pretty cotch. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending