The Student Room Group

Best Nightclub in London?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
LouLou815
Is it deffinitly going to happen? Been hearing this for months but no one's sure when. I was told March but it's still there...

I was in there in May...:smile:
Reply 81
Annie72
I was in there in May...:smile:

:yep: I was there last friday and there was no mention of it. They have posters up for gigs there for the next few months as well. I hope it stays as most of my favourite venues in London have already been knocekd down.
They wont knock The Ballroom! I was there last week. It has easily been open over 20 years as a nightclub.
Reply 83
Rich2cool4u
They wont knock The Ballroom! I was there last week. It has easily been open over 20 years as a nightclub.

I thought that about the Astoria, but that's gone. They want to extend Camden station, and EB may be in the way if they decide to do it :frown:
If they do, there will be an uproar! There must be! I can see a protest happening.

I have just realised, I really do LOVE the Electric Ballroom.

Richard
Reply 85
I really like Tiger Tiger & Ku Club. They're my two favourites, although I generally have good things to say about most places i've been to.

The only place I didn't really like was Fabric. It looks really nice inside [vibrating floor :3] but I found the music a bit samey after an hour or two.
Reply 86
The_Gene_Genie
What was it like inside? Going with my gf and don't really want to go somewhere reeeaaallly dodgy....

I have been there loads of times to see bands and there has never been any problems at all. It's really small hence the name and this makes it a great place to see bands as the atmosphere is really good. Have a good night :smile:
Reply 87
bibliotheque
What did everyone like about The End?

Maybe I just went on a terrible night...

It had a lot of great dj's play there, was awesome for electro and d&b, was pretty well priced, amazing sound system, great staff (anyone remember Boston? This is him XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOITwa0ewfg)

And everytime I went I had a really good night
Reply 88
klempto
It's a good club! Have you ever been to Movida?

Seriously, its a very well decorated, good music, classy people go there, not too crowded like some clubs, there is still a lot of people there but you can actually walk around without bumping into people or having people spill their drinks on you...

Hm, I've heard a lot of good things about Movida, but whether it's an enjoyable experience is an entirely different question. To be honest, I'd be worried it'd be full of pompous idiots that like to think they're in a higher league than others, when in fact they really a bunch of idiots that know very little when it comes to anything.

I guess I'll check it out next year and I'll see what it's like for myself. Any worthwhile experiences there?!
Reply 89
and how much does matter cost? and you don't have to buy tickets or anything, right?
Reply 90
No point me telling you, you wouldn't get in.
Reply 91
sweetstar91
and how much does matter cost? and you don't have to buy tickets or anything, right?

When i went on a Friday night it was £10 entry i think, which i though was pretty reasonable...
But me and my friends bought tickets of some man outside for a fiver each.. (i know, i know, stupid thing to do, but they got us in!)
Reply 92
S.C.M.
No point me telling you, you wouldn't get in.

and what makes you think that?
Reply 93
sweetstar91

Ok this is entirely line up dependent, e.g. when RAM is on at matter you have to buy tickets weeeeell in advanced cos they get sold out straight away, if the line up is like average you can probably get in by turning up on the night, check whos on though, I would get tickets anyway though as it saves time

http://www.matterlondon.com/calendar/

Lol ram is already sold out and its 2 weeks away
Reply 94
a_t
Ok this is entirely line up dependent, e.g. when RAM is on at matter you have to buy tickets weeeeell in advanced cos they get sold out straight away, if the line up is like average you can probably get in by turning up on the night, check whos on though, I would get tickets anyway though as it saves time

http://www.matterlondon.com/calendar/

Lol ram is already sold out and its 2 weeks away

That's because RAM is ******* amazing!
Reply 95
zav
That's because RAM is ******* amazing!

I know, I know, hospitality and ram both amazing, both at matter, matter is just omg for D&B
a_t
I know, I know, hospitality and ram both amazing, both at matter, matter is just omg for D&B

Literally just had a conversation with my friend, where she told me that last October we saw the Mystery Jets at Matter.

Have no memory of this, apart from the bus journey. :confused: Completely forgot about it tbh.

Too much alcohol, bad times. Can't believe I forgot almost everything about the place. I literally just looked up the ******* event so I could remember it. Damn.
Reply 97
a_t

The fact that they are at matter is a shame. Personally i prefer D&B nights in a smaller place. I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not over the net :p:
a_t
e the end but it shut down

the end has no end :frown:
Reply 99
Phonicsdude
the end has no end :frown:

No it's called centro now, wtf? Worst name ever, and the den? allow

zav
The fact that they are at matter is a shame. Personally i prefer D&B nights in a smaller place. I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not over the net :p:

TBH the most fun I've had is in warehouses, these are certainly not a "smaller place", and if there are too many people in too small a place it just gets a bit too mental, when seeing pendulum in room 1 at fabric (like over 2 years ago when they were still good XD) that was faaaaaar too packed, like ridiculous

Bubbles*de*Milo
Literally just had a conversation with my friend, where she told me that last October we saw the Mystery Jets at Matter.

Have no memory of this, apart from the bus journey. :confused: Completely forgot about it tbh.

Too much alcohol, bad times. Can't believe I forgot almost everything about the place. I literally just looked up the ******* event so I could remember it. Damn.

looooll such wastegash

did they play 2 doors down? And maybe I should say what's up and buy her a round, or take her for a spin around the town, cos when I hear those drums late at night, i know i'm in love

Duke Dumont remix is infinitely better though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending