The Student Room Group

Student Finance appear to have lost my birth certificate.

At least they haven't told me they've recieved it or sent it back. I sent it over 2 weeks ago. Stupidly not by recorded mail, but see no reason as to why someone would have stolen it. Getting really stressed now. No acknowledgement on the website of them having received it, still says pending & awaiting information. Can't speak to anyone on the phone of course. Any advice?
It took them one week to return my passport, and they returned it signed for. No update on the website saying they got it, though, it doesn't even say I've applied.

However, if it has been lost, student finance won't accept liability unless they actually received it, and as you didn't send it in any type of protected mail, you don't have much protection.

Keep trying the phones?
Reply 2
Having trouble with them myself. Today they told me they are at least 6 weeks behind on scanning in details from receipt in the post. Don't hold your breath!
Reply 3
Thanks. 6 weeks? Cool. They're so good at their jobs.
Reply 4
Forget stealing, thousands of things get lost in the post. I had to send my birth certificate off and still haven't got it back 6 months on, they have misplaced it but I made sure I had copies before I sent it anywhere.
Reply 5
As someone said I wouldnt worry, when I rang a week or two back they said they are 4-6 weeks behind.
It's one slow application process, I applied pretty much as soon as they let you for next year and I'm still waiting to be assessed.

Latest

Trending

Trending