The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

buttercup_26
Hey, that dress is lovely!
Im having a similar problem for my summer ball. I want to wear this dress http://www.jajalum.co.uk/B1989a.jpg but im also worried that it will be too dressy.

Doesn't matter if its too dressy or not it just looks ****.
wilko1991
Doesn't matter if its too dressy or not it just looks ****.

no need for that...
Sam...
Better to be overdressed than underdressed :smile:

nahh..
Reply 23
Marsha2112
nahh..

Explain?
Sam...
Explain?
I think you have to be pretty secure in yourself to be comfortably overdressed. Some people just aren't confident when they're overdressed and would rather be underdressed - less pressure to stand out, I guess.

I love overdressing, personally lol.
Sam...
Better to be overdressed than underdressed :smile:

This. However, not too overdressed because you might feel uncomfortable. But it's definitely better to be overdressed lol
Reply 26
Ilora-Danon
I think you have to be pretty secure in yourself to be comfortably overdressed. Some people just aren't confident when they're overdressed and would rather be underdressed - less pressure to stand out, I guess.

I love overdressing, personally lol.

Yeah, ideally you wouldn't be overdressed or underdressed. But surely it's better to stand out in a positive way rather than stand out as the one who looks like a tramp :biggrin:
Reply 27
Id wear it, I love being overdressed, and that dress is veryyy nice=]. If youre confident enough then deffinatly go for it.
Reply 28
Lauren__x
Id wear it, I love being overdressed, and that dress is veryyy nice=]. If youre confident enough then deffinatly go for it.

I am going to wear it, I have decided. Also I don't want the expense of finding another dress!
Yes quite a bit, though not the corset part. :smile:
oh man if you can pull it off please wear it
Reply 31
OP - I think its a gorgeous dress, and I would wear it.

Technically (queen of dress codes here) calling the event a ball suggests you should be in ball dress, which is calf length or longer.

Shorter then this (but still a dressy dress iyswim) is a cocktail dress, which can also refer to a longer gown of a simpler design.

So your gown fits perfectly with the implied dress code, and you should wear it with pride
Like the color, not the dress.
Reply 33
Wow, its gorgeous!!

Latest