The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Yeah don't worry about it joey, sure you'll be fine and have a cracking time. The whole thing is more about getting to know each other and make new friends, not totally around going down the club to get smashed and look for a pull.
Thats normally just a bi-product of the alcohol consumed lol. Clubbing can be fun sometimes but I'm much more of a bar/pub goer normally just coz you can speak to people more. And deffo not planning on getting smashed every night. This is second time I'm going to uni and last freshers week I made that mistake which meant I ended up not really remembering much the next day which kind of ruins the point!
I'm sure there will be others not drinking too, so don't worry about it
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Mitch41
Does anyone think its best to move in as soon as possible? I ve heard that if you move in too late people already form strong bonds with each other and its harder to make friends.

This!
I moved in only a day later than everybody else and they had already made friends. I find it difficult to make friends at the best of times but when they had already kinda started getting to know each other it was harder still. I'd say go as early as you can.

Latest

Trending

Trending