The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I am!!

My main tips:
1. Make sure you relate everything you are saying to the original case study, in such if you are applying business knowledge, apply it to the business that's in the question and so on...... If you don't relate to case study you can't get very high level wise because the knowledge is not applied
2. On the advantages/disadvantages question make sure you compare what you are saying, use words like 'however' and 'on the other hand', these linking words get you higher marks
3. Silly one I know, but its easy, make sure you answer the question you get asked and make enough points to satisfy what the marks are at the side

In terms of what is going to be on the paper, its anyone's guess, although looking through past papers from previous years, paper 1 tends to be more orientated towards starting up business, types of business, finance, business plans and things like that,

Whereas Paper 3 tends to be more of the running elements of a business, marketing, recruitment and things like that.

Don't hold me to it, but it does seem to have gone that way!
Reply 2
Any list of the topics which are usually come up in the Paper 1?
Reply 3
I am!!

My main tips:
1. Make sure you relate everything you are saying to the original case study, in such if you are applying business knowledge, apply it to the business that's in the question and so on...... If you don't relate to case study you can't get very high level wise because the knowledge is not applied
2. On the advantages/disadvantages question make sure you compare what you are saying, use words like 'however' and 'on the other hand', these linking words get you higher marks
3. Silly one I know, but its easy, make sure you answer the question you get asked and make enough points to satisfy what the marks are at the side

In terms of what is going to be on the paper, its anyone's guess, although looking through past papers from previous years, paper 1 tends to be more orientated towards starting up business, types of business, finance, business plans and things like that,

Whereas Paper 3 tends to be more of the running elements of a business, marketing, recruitment and things like that.

Thanks great tips! Yeah i've realised that as well, also I've found out People and Human Resources? is ONLY in paper 3!!

1hr 15mins is tooo short though! So i guess we have got to space our time well!
Thanks good luck!
Reply 4
DO yu have idea what the topics are for paper 1?
Reply 5
Err, basically everything like Marketing, Production, Business Ownership, Accounting and Finance, Growth and stuff. No one knows specifically i guess you have got to know it all!
But all i know is 'people' (like recruitment and stuff) only comes up in paper 3 so you dont have to revise it for tommorows paper!

Latest