The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
xamethystx
I got 5 C's and 5 B's at GCSE, did 3 A-levels - Philosophy (E), Psychology (C) and English Language (C). I'm currently in my first year at Hull studying Philosophy.

Could I get into the University of Manchester to study Philosophy at postgraduate level if I got a first at degree level despite getting really crap A-levels and "average" GCSE results?

Just wondered that's all...

Probably, given that the requirements are a good 2:1 or above, and I don't think they care about A-Levels or GCSEs after that.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I think once you get your degree your a levels and especially your GCSE's become worthless. Infact I think your GCSE's are worthless from the moment you get in to college.
Reply 3
Yes. Most universities only require a 2:1 for postgrad places, and your degree is going to count for far more than your A-levels.
Well done for having the perseverance to want to excel, but I'm wondering (if you don't mind me asking) how you managed to get onto a pretty good philosophy course with an E at A-Level (though I concede that it is one of the harder A-Levels)? What were the requirements?

Latest