The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

teashoci
I have read countless reports and intervies of afghan civilians and I am of the opinion that afghanis are thankful for british and american presence on afghanistan.

Have you now? By the way its AFGHANS not AFGHANIS :smile:

back to the story, yaw-zer! Stinger missiles!? Send them to the chair.
Reply 21
Jay Riall
By nothing do you mean nothing apart from the civil war against the Taliban that went on for the whole of the 5 years that the Taliban were in power?

Are you seriously suggesting that a dude called "James Cromitie" participated in the Afghan civil war? You can't possibly suggest that with a straight face on.

Look at him, He's an afro - American, not Afghan or Arab!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/police-officers/photo//090521/480/69202be64e974f21ba8cb9fdd7d8dd90//s:/ap/20090521/ap_on_re_us/us_temple_plot

With all probability these guys support the Taliban.

They aren't allowed to under Qu'ranic law and they do not turn a blind eye to it - look at the Sunni-Shi'a civil war in Iraq over the past few years.

What a great example. How many demonstration do you see that call to stop this rivalry?

Zero.

I don't know if you realize, but there is a bit of tension over a place called Palestine. They hate Israel, America and it's allies because we have troops in their countries, invade their countries and assist in overthrowing their governments.

Therefore the best thing would be to randomly kill Jewwwz, because they are responsible for everything, including Palestine and Afghanistan.

Anymore racist excuses you'd like to make in behalf of these murderers?

If they hate us because of our way of life, and not because of our overseas actions - why is Switzerland never attacked? The answer is because Switzerland does not have troops in their country.

Yet. It was not attacked yet.

And on the other hand you have Theo van Gogh and the Danish cartoon incident. Freedom of speech is a part of western culture which Muslims have a BIG problem with. And not the only one.
Reply 22
Jay Riall
We are not American, yet we felt outraged of course on 9/11. Most of the people in the army did not know the people that were killed on 9/11 but they fight for their "group" anyway. It doesn't matter whether that group is country, religion, ethnicity or other, it is this collectivism which drives many there, and also many here. Trying to place the blame solely on groups of religious fundamentalists who "hate us because we are free and prosperous" is burying your head in the sand.

No, they really do hate us for our freedom, the jealous bastards :biggrin:

Seriously though, I thought only Sarah Palin could come out with things like that.

On a lighter note, this guy's got it spot on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZfROQxXpMI
Reply 23
I'm pretty sure the public would be much more sypathetic to their cause if they didn't attack innocent civilians. Terrorism is usually used by the weakest in society, but these people were American born and comparatively have access to more legitimate resources for political change.
Reply 24
Jay Riall
We are not American, yet we felt outraged of course on 9/11. Most of the people in the army did not know the people that were killed on 9/11 but they fight for their "group" anyway. It doesn't matter whether that group is country, religion, ethnicity or other, it is this collectivism which drives many there, and also many here. Trying to place the blame solely on groups of religious fundamentalists who "hate us because we are free and prosperous" is burying your head in the sand.

So at first you were arguing that these Muslim terrorists were angry because their 'family' and 'friends' were suffering in places like Iraq and Afghanistan due to Anglo-American armed intervention in these countries but now you're putting forward a more nuanced argument on the basis of 'collectivism'? OK then.

Many British people were outraged by the events that occurred on September 11 2001, but we didn't go around hunting for Muslims in our towns and cities. While these Muslim terrorists may indeed be upset and aggrieved by the actions of e.g. the American government in Iraq, you can't deny the religious motivation behind the terrorist acts they commit. These people genuinely believe that they are taking part in a jihad and that they will be rewarded for there actions in the 'afterlife'.

With regard to the argument that "they hate us because we are free and prosperous", there's certainly an argument to be made in that regard. I doubt many of these people think highly of our values here in the Western world: the fact that we think its right to allow consenting adults to freely engage in sexual relations in private; that our laws permit criticism (or mockery) of Islamic doctrine and belief; etc. Indeed, the Organisation of Islamic Conference has been lobbying the United Nations to pass a resolution condemning the 'defamation' of Islam.
Reply 25
Hopefully they will all be executed for this coward act.
Reply 26
Lets hope Mossad gets involved!
Can you imagine the outcry if Jews were to try and blow up a mosque? But it's fine if Muslims do it..
Reply 28
Roberto_Ferrari
Can you imagine the outcry if Jews were to try and blow up a mosque? But it's fine if Muslims do it..

It seems as though it's not fine seeing as those who stand accused are in now in the hands of the authorities.
Reply 29
Id rather not believe all the ***** spewed from TV and do my own research anyone thought of doing that before making claims???

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6350389.ece
Reply 30
Here you go more lies being uncovered about the so called "Deadly Terror Plot"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05232009/news/regionalnews/jihad_girlfriend__they_were_tricked_by_g_170683.htm?page=0

I guess its just easier to be spoon fed the crap the main stream media wants you to see!

One would think with the advent of the Internet and where we are today that people would be the wiser but doesn't seem like it.
Reply 31
Roberto_Ferrari

What? Who said it was fine? This made international news, what greater outcry do you want?
Disorder
Id rather not believe all the ***** spewed from TV and do my own research anyone thought of doing that before making claims???

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6350389.ece

Thanks for that.

I'm sure they were four great guys who should be giving a badge of honour.
Reply 33
The article clearly states they are dimwits who cant keep themselves out of Jail, I think you should be joining the ranks if you think they should be honored! :cool:

**Sarcasm**
Reply 34
Disorder
The article clearly states they are dimwits who cant keep themselves out of Jail, I think you should be joining the ranks if you think they should be honored! :cool:

**Sarcasm**

So what were the lies, exactly?

You claim to have discovered some interesting truth that was held from the public. What is it?

Latest

Trending

Trending