The Student Room Group

Advice on getting into my firm choice once I get my results.

Hi everyone, I am new here, so sorry if a similar thread has been made for someone else in my situation!

Basically, I am studying Applied ICT, Media and English Language, got a BCC last year and was given a conditional offer at Aston University to study Multimedia Computing (Firm), and Computer Networks at Sheffield Hallam University (Insurance). Aston require a BBC/BCC. Sheffield Hallam require 240 points.

I am confident I will get a B in Applied ICT, and at least a C in Media (Targeting a B), but English I am unsure about, I was told my coursework has been moderated and marked at C/D. I am quite weak at English, I don't get Language Change at all, Language Acquisition is ok, and then there is my Editorial Writing resit which is a killer, I got a U first time in January. English is really stressing me out now, I am thinking I will be turned down by Aston once my grades are in.

Does anybody know what would happen if I got a BCD? On Aston's website, it says the requirement for Multimedia Computing is BBC-CCC, confusing eh.

I just don't know what to think at the moment. I don't want to end up at my Insurance choice, doing Computer Networks at Sheffield Hallam University because I have had a change in heart with Computer Networks, and I don't want to end up at my local DMU doing something I don't want to.

Somebody please take time to read and give me some advice! :frown: :eek3:

Thank you.
umm don't know about aston tbh but considering it was already BBC/BCC it does seem unlikely. maybe you could phone up their admissions department or something.
on the other hand probs best just tryin to get it out of your mind for now (however hard that may be) and concentrate on revision.
Reply 2
RK19
Hi everyone, I am new here, so sorry if a similar thread has been made for someone else in my situation!

Basically, I am studying Applied ICT, Media and English Language, got a BCC last year and was given a conditional offer at Aston University to study Multimedia Computing (Firm), and Computer Networks at Sheffield Hallam University (Insurance). Aston require a BBC/BCC. Sheffield Hallam require 240 points.

I am confident I will get a B in Applied ICT, and at least a C in Media (Targeting a B), but English I am unsure about, I was told my coursework has been moderated and marked at C/D. I am quite weak at English, I don't get Language Change at all, Language Acquisition is ok, and then there is my Editorial Writing resit which is a killer, I got a U first time in January. English is really stressing me out now, I am thinking I will be turned down by Aston once my grades are in.

Does anybody know what would happen if I got a BCD? On Aston's website, it says the requirement for Multimedia Computing is BBC-CCC, confusing eh.

I just don't know what to think at the moment. I don't want to end up at my Insurance choice, doing Computer Networks at Sheffield Hallam University because I have had a change in heart with Computer Networks, and I don't want to end up at my local DMU doing something I don't want to.

Somebody please take time to read and give me some advice! :frown:

Thank you.
Just concentrate on the exams for the moment. That's the best advice anyone can give you. You are wasting valuable energy on speculation, which is completely pointless.

No-one can say what might happen if you don't meet your offer/s. If you do get a place, you can decide not to go right up until the last minute, and this won't affect an application for the following year.
Reply 3
RK19

I think they'd still accept you for getting BCD, as it adds up to the same number of UCAS points... I got AAC and my offer was BBB and they still let me in, even though I didn't exactly match my offer.

I was also the same as you, really didn't want to go to my insurance, but luckily I didn't need to.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending