The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What 2 thingss did you put for the recycling question?
Reply 21
They used what was thrown out by the inhabitants of the village to construct their shck.
They recovered the beatiful and elegant, but broken table, from the rubbish dumps of Chaville.

I've got the Reading/DW paper here if anoyone wants to ask anything.
The broken table and the branches and fire, I had no idea tbh.
Reply 23
i put they recovered rubbish from a warehouse or sumthin like thtt? aha
Reply 24
I thought it was quite confusing at bits, especially the translation!
Anyone got a correct answer for it?
Reply 25
hardest translation i ever did
Reply 26
javjamoll
Do they heavily penalise you for under words?

Quite like to know the answer to this as well. I finished the reading quickly and spent ages on the directed writing, looking up every word in the dictionary to confirm that the accents were facing the right away and well, I was one long sentence short from 150 words.

Generally speaking though, I found the whole exam straightforward. A tricky bit in the translation - the "ils y arrivent" bit, and for the two ways that they recycle society's waste, well I could only find one.
And Paper 2 was brilliant.
Hrrrrmm wish I'd taken the Reading paper home, now I think on it I'm starting to worry I may have actually not done that great... didn't have time to look at it much since I took so long on DW (filled every side) but I just assumed it was okay. One thing I know for sure I got wrong was in the translation; I said "they keep the kennel for their dogs" when it should've been "you can see the kennel for their dogs" - blargh! Checked with the French girl in our class, hah. Rest of the translation was ok, though, I thought. People seemed to have trouble with the last part of it - I got "it's not easy to grow vegetables in the open forest, but they manage."
Reply 28
Pedrobear
I got "it's not easy to grow vegetables in the open forest, but they manage."

Yep, you got the "they manage" part right, I checked with my French teacher.
I put something silly that didn't make much sense...
Reply 29
Pedrobear
Hrrrrmm wish I'd taken the Reading paper home, now I think on it I'm starting to worry I may have actually not done that great... didn't have time to look at it much since I took so long on DW (filled every side) but I just assumed it was okay. One thing I know for sure I got wrong was in the translation; I said "they keep the kennel for their dogs" when it should've been "you can see the kennel for their dogs" - blargh! Checked with the French girl in our class, hah. Rest of the translation was ok, though, I thought. People seemed to have trouble with the last part of it - I got "it's not easy to grow vegetables in the open forest, but they manage."

I got in the middle of the forest :s-smilie:
Jamieb_
Yep, you got the "they manage" part right, I checked with my French teacher.
I put something silly that didn't make much sense...

Sure "the open forest" would be right? The French girl said she wrote "in the middle of the forest" like someone said above, part of why I was worried.
Reply 31
Dunno what I exactly wrote but it's wrong. I got something like, 'closely, you could see the kennels for the dogs, 2 beautiful animals. (can't remember this bit). Look a little further (or something like that) and you can see a veg garden growing. It's easy to grow veg in the heart of the forest, but they are newcomers'...... god! So wrong lol. I got the jist but the actual importance of the translation aspect will get me about 0!
Reply 32
Pedrobear
Sure "the open forest" would be right? The French girl said she wrote "in the middle of the forest" like someone said above, part of why I was worried.

I personally put "in the middle of the forest", but people in my class wrote "open forest" as well. It makes sense though, so I don't see why it won't be accepted.
I wrote in the 'thick of the forest' :frown:
by the sounds of this i did okay in the translation...i hope... i got you can see their dog's kennels, two beautiful animals who stand guard, and a bit further away a little vegetable garden. it's not easy to grow vegetables in the middle of a forest but they manage.
i love my massive dictionary for having what 'monter la garde' meant :smile:

does anyone have the answers for listening? don't think i did very well there.
I put "middle of the forest."

Reading was the worst part of the exam for me, which was weird as I got 20/20 in the Prelim. ;( I kind of fired through it to get to the DW, which was ok (hopefully). I did my best in the Listening, and I was the last one to leave the exam as I kept checking my short essay. I missed out the recycling Q as I didn't know which bit they were referring to, but I think the rest were ok.

I have never left an exam feeling I've "aced" (I hate that word) it, and I've not had any disasters so far, so I hope I'll stop worrying soon like I was with English. I've probably done a fine job, like all of you. :woo:
Reply 36
rachaelpedreschi
by the sounds of this i did okay in the translation...i hope... i got you can see their dog's kennels, two beautiful animals who stand guard, and a bit further away a little vegetable garden. it's not easy to grow vegetables in the middle of a forest but they manage.

Don't have the paper and can't remember the questions, but if you can remember them, it will jog my memory of the answers :smile:
I caught "throw away" in the listening and since the Q before was about food, I thought she was saying 'they throw away too much food'. :rolleyes: Oops.
Reply 38
rachaelpedreschi

Thats what that bit was. I wrote uphill guards :rolleyes: as I had no clue how to change it round! I wanted to say guard dogs lol
Jamieb_
Don't have the paper and can't remember the questions, but if you can remember them, it will jog my memory of the answers :smile:

erm what i can remember is:
- what doeesnt she like about scottish people (i said they littered even when there was a bin nearby)
- why is she returning to scotland (she had a great year last year in a school in the country. this year she wants a new experience so she's going to the town)
- what attracted her to scotland in general (mountains are the most spectacular in the world. beautiful landscapes. loves english)
- what does she say about scottish food (bad for your health, but she likes it anyway)
- practical lessons she learnt (how to organize a class, avoid a discipline problem)
- what has this experience taught her (she wants to become a teacher)

these answers are just mine, i never got to speak to a teacher, so a rough guess, are these similar to anyones :smile: ?

Latest

Trending

Trending