Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guitar shops in Southampton?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I'm at Soton uni, but don't really know anywhere other than the high street very well and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up an acoustic guitar? I doesn't necessarily have to be brand new, but I'd like to have a look around in a few shops to see what's available!

Thanks!
    • 4 followers

There's a massive music shop not far from Debenhams (behind Primark).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by =nuke=)
    There's a massive music shop not far from Debenhams (behind Primark).
    That closed recently. You're referring to the one next to the big roundabout, right?
    • 4 followers

Yeah. Shocking.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I liked it as well...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's a shame! Thanks anyway. Do you know of any others around Southampton?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only other place I know is this little shop on Portswood Road. The front window has a few acoustic and electric guitars, as well as mobile phones I'm sure there are other, better ones in Soton though (West Quay must have a music shop!).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, cool - I'll check out that little shop in Portswood! Surprisingly, no music shops in West Quay (unless they're extremely well hidden!)

You know the one that closed? Do you remember the name of it? I've googled music shops in Southampton, and there's one on St Mary's Road called Digital Village Audio Warehouse or something - I just don't want to trek down there to find it doesn't exist anymore!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catalyst**)
    OK, cool - I'll check out that little shop in Portswood! Surprisingly, no music shops in West Quay (unless they're extremely well hidden!)

You know the one that closed? Do you remember the name of it? I've googled music shops in Southampton, and there's one on St Mary's Road called Digital Village Audio Warehouse or something - I just don't want to trek down there to find it doesn't exist anymore!
    Hmm... I can't remember, but it used to be here.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, that's not the one I was thinking of, so perhaps it's still there...

Not to worry though, I found another good music shop in Shirley though, just 25 minutes walk from small halls. It's called Fret Music, and they were really helpful - they do brilliant student discounts if anyone's interested! I saved quite a bit on my new Crafter, and they threw in a few freebies too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is a good guitar shop just behind the Southampton Central Train Station. I think it's called "The Guitar Store" but not 100%. The sign outside has been made to look like the top part of an amp, with the volume, equalizers etc. It's pretty good and has a lot of guitars in it, and the people in there are friendly. Give it a shot.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That one by the roundabout was called Sound Control - they are/were a large chain
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratchet1010)
    There is a good guitar shop just behind the Southampton Central Train Station. I think it's called "The Guitar Store" but not 100%. The sign outside has been made to look like the top part of an amp, with the volume, equalizers etc. It's pretty good and has a lot of guitars in it, and the people in there are friendly. Give it a shot.
    THere's 3 music shops on the north side ofthe train station. The acoustic guitar store, the electric guitar store and the drum store you can get to the station on the u1 bus which stops on the south side of the station
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Theres one just off of Shirley High Street, about a 15 min wlk from the Tran Station . Its called Fret Music, http://www.fretmusic.co.uk/.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    That closed recently. You're referring to the one next to the big roundabout, right?
    Are you talking about the one with the like 10 metre long guitar in the window?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 10, 2011
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.