The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I was to take it right now I'd do poorly, but I'm confident the next few days are going to get my an A.

Physics is definately my best subject, it's a pleasure to study. So I'll say that yeah, I am looking forward to it. :yep:
Reply 2
I'm very confident and definitely looking forward!

I love Physics! Not as much as Maths though =P

66/90 for an A :O Last year's paper was incredibly easy.... I would've expected the A boundary to be increased...

I think they may give us a hard paper this year since last year's was easy.

Just did the 2004 paper, got 73/90 and did it in within 90 minutes or so... Looking good for me!
Reply 3
1zzy
If I was to take it right now I'd do poorly, but I'm confident the next few days are going to get my an A.

Physics is definately my best subject, it's a pleasure to study. So I'll say that yeah, I am looking forward to it. :yep:

I am exactly the same as you. Got 85% in the first Prelim with a bit of revision, got 64% in one we did mainly on unit 3 (like 1 month ago) but didn't revise.

I would probably get anywhere between mid C to mid B if I sat it now, but I am not worried about not getting an A in it (like I was with maths)
darkraver
I'm very confident and definitely looking forward!

I love Physics! Not as much as Maths though =P

66/90 for an A :O Last year's paper was incredibly easy.... I would've expected the A boundary to be increased...

I think they may give us a hard paper this year since last year's was easy.

Just did the 2004 paper, got 73/90 and did it in within 90 minutes or so... Looking good for me!

There were a few tricky questions in it I thought...
Reply 6
Meteorshower
There were a few tricky questions in it I thought...

Really? That's quite interesting since I've done the 2008 paper a while ago and found it very easy compared to the other papers. All the questions are, well, 'standard' and the explanation ones are only 1 markers.

Also I've got some mates who did Physics last year and they found it easy as well, especially after the effing hard prelim they had beforehand.

But anyways, if I would sit the exam right now I'd probably JUST scrape an A pass. Or a high B most likely. Need to polish up on my Unit 1 knowledge, forgot most of it. Only thing I hate about Unit 1 is the darn buoyancy/flotation because it's not explained very well in our book :/

By the way, if anyone wants I've got a copy of Virtual Higher Physics and a excellent PDF file which covers the entire course. The PDF has been incredibly helpful! It's in note form so if you understand all of it, you've pretty much covered to course really!
darkraver
Really? That's quite interesting since I've done the 2008 paper a while ago and found it very easy compared to the other papers. All the questions are, well, 'standard' and the explanation ones are only 1 markers.

Also I've got some mates who did Physics last year and they found it easy as well, especially after the effing hard prelim they had beforehand.

But anyways, if I would sit the exam right now I'd probably JUST scrape an A pass. Or a high B most likely. Need to polish up on my Unit 1 knowledge, forgot most of it. Only thing I hate about Unit 1 is the darn buoyancy/flotation because it's not explained very well in our book :/

By the way, if anyone wants I've got a copy of Virtual Higher Physics and a excellent PDF file which covers the entire coarse. The PDF has been incredibly helpful! It's in note form so if you understand all of it, you've pretty much covered to course really!

21b, 22biii, 23aii, 24b, 25c, 26biii (this one was pretty hard in my opinion) were all 2 mark explanation questions. There were quite a lot of one mark ones also.

I don't think it was particularly hard but I don't think it was any easier than previous years
Reply 8
Meteorshower
21b, 22biii, 23aii, 24b, 25c, 26biii (this one was pretty hard in my opinion) were all 2 mark explanation questions. There were quite a lot of one mark ones also.

I don't think it was particularly hard but I don't think it was any easier than previous years

I see what you mean by 21b and yeah, looking at them again I agree with you on question 24b and 26b.

But I definitely found it easier though than some other papers. One question I really hate is 2005's Q22, that got me really confused when I was attempting it.
Reply 9
darkraver

By the way, if anyone wants I've got a copy of Virtual Higher Physics and a excellent PDF file which covers the entire coarse. The PDF has been incredibly helpful! It's in note form so if you understand all of it, you've pretty much covered to course really!

The PDF would be really helpful if you wouldn't mind posting a link/sending it to me. :smile:
I just took the 2008 paper today (4 hours of physics.... my backside hurt after that lol) and got 75/90. I was well chuffed, I only started taking Higher 3 months ago.
lcmd
The PDF would be really helpful if you wouldn't mind posting a link/sending it to me. :smile:

Uploaded it at: http://www.scribd.com/doc/15731243/SQA-Higher-Physics-Summary-Notes

Go to Download in the menu bar to download it.
Reply 12

Great stuff, was just looking around for something similar, sank yo!
Not looking forward at all, been studying my ass off since tuesday to prove my teachers wrong who predict a fail, ideally gaining a B.
If anyone has any godsend tips i'd be much obliged x
Reply 14
darkraver
Uploaded it at: http://www.scribd.com/doc/15731243/SQA-Higher-Physics-Summary-Notes

Go to Download in the menu bar to download it.

Thanks a lot, greatly appreciated.
Reply 15
Thanks darkraver. I did 04 got 69%, but haven't done any real revision yet. I know my weak areas are most of the learning parts of unit 3 (not like using equations, learning proper stuff), buoyancy, op-amps and then I'm gonna do another.
Reply 16
We got a copy of that pdf file at the start of the year.
Never bothered looking at it though.
Reply 17
Just wondering if anyone's got links to Physics pastpapers?

I got 2008 and 2007 from the SQA website but haven't got anymore.
Reply 18
A question, Do you have to use a pencil for the multiple choice?
Reply 19
Z_Ahmed
A question, Do you have to use a pencil for the multiple choice?

Pencil since 2006.

Latest

Trending

Trending