The Student Room Group
ZuluOscarAlphaHotel
Unfortunately, I've missed quite a few lessons for this topic, and even more unfortunately, the one textbook that the school use goes into far more detail than we need, so I am bogged down in a morass of information, with scant idea of what I need to know and what is unimportant.

Can anybody help me?

Which textbook are you using? I suggest you use the Vivienne Sanders one, also the Bragg book is made specifically for this spec, but I'm not a big fan. Though it does have an exemplar answers. I'll have a look for my old notes on my USB for you.
I only studied Vietnam, so I don't have any Korea stuff. I don't really have concise notes. I found the best way for preparing for this exam was by practising past papers. There are only a limited amount of questions they can ask really.

Sanders approaches these 'big' questions quite well. I learnt this unit in 4 days by myself (my teacher was useless) using the book. Hope you have it/can find it.
Hello! I'd recommend the Sanders textbook as well. I reckon you should focus on each of the main presidents, what their motives and actions were as well as what consequences their actions had. i.e. arguably, Truman and Eisenhower's actions made military involvement under Kennedy and Johnson inevitable.

Does anyone have any ideas about why the US lost in Vietnam? How would you structure an essay like that?
Thank you very much to everyone who recommended the Vivienne Sanders book, I bought it and it was a great help! I knew barely anything on Nixon, but in two days with that book I was able to do the exam question on it! I would sincerely say that that book and they way it was written saved my historical bacon.
ZuluOscarAlphaHotel
Thank you very much to everyone who recommended the Vivienne Sanders book, I bought it and it was a great help! I knew barely anything on Nixon, but in two days with that book I was able to do the exam question on it! I would sincerely say that that book and they way it was written saved my historical bacon.

Ahh... Glad you found it useful :biggrin:

Latest