The Student Room Group

Tamil Tigers Leader - not dead?

I'm well informed about the civil war of sri lanka.

My personal and shared belief is that the Sri lankan government was just killing of tamil people like a genocide, here is what i wrote in another thread just so you know my views on their war:

neomilan
there is no foreign media in the country because the sri lankan government is killing off the tamils, whether they are horrible tigers or innocent civilians

ever since 1970s the majority sinhalese government has had their eyes on ridding the country of tamils

the deaths to tamil civilians caused by rape and murder and genocide by the sri lankan army is being hidden by government to the rest of the world

the tigers have made mistakes and are quite a bad organisation full of extremists, but the real truth behind it, ignoring the fact that the tigers are fools, the government is commiting genocide of the tamils

stories like the sri lankan army telling starving tamils that there is food in the shelter and then blowing the shelter up are not reported because the government do not allow media in and the stories are stopped from being told in the mass media

channel 4 news team were arrested and deported for showing how the government were treating tamils in death camps set up by them...
neomilan
until there are no more tamil people in that country, the government will not stop killing
neomilan
oh ok
once the government of sri lanka is done, there wont be this problem anyway, they'll have killed every tamil in that country until there is one language, one religion and one corrupt government

the UN should get that rat weasel president rajapaksa and try him for crimes against humanity, war crimes and genocide
nevermind the tamil tigers, they're all dead now, not much you can do anymore to them

Today, one tamil guy in my school told me that he knows the tamil tigers leader is not dead...

He claimed to be a distant cousin of the leader's deputy and that one of his cousins is the daughter of the deputy for the leader
according to him and her (his cousin) the leader is in continuous contact with them etc. etc.

How likely is this to be true?

One thing i can say is that the Sri Lankan Government is full of messed up corrupt individuals and so the story of his death could have been made up..

But then i'm quite sure that the war is over and he's dead...

It's the damn government who will not allow foreign media in because they're commiting the crimes most... (see my rant in the quote above)

Do you think it's possible he's not dead?
I guess until there's stone cold evidence you can't be sure as I would hardly trust the Sri Lankan government.

However I wouldn't trust what a couple of kids say that much either. How can anyone on TSR know?
Not like to be true. Though I do agree with you that what the Sri Lankan government is doing is extremely disturbing
Reply 3
I heard he's dead...when my mum was watching the news..
but who knows??? :confused:
we'll just have to wait and see...
There's no way of truly ever knowing, short of DNA testing...

There was a story a few years back, from the French, that Osama Bin Laden had died from the 'flu and their agents had found his body....yet we're still looking for him. And there's people who don't believe Hitler's body was ever found....etc etc etc.
neomilan
I'm well informed about the civil war of sri lanka.

My personal and shared belief is that the Sri lankan government was just killing of tamil people like a genocide, here is what i wrote in another thread just so you know my views on their war:

Today, one tamil guy in my school told me that he knows the tamil tigers leader is not dead...

He claimed to be a distant cousin of the leader's deputy and that one of his cousins is the daughter of the deputy for the leader
according to him and her (his cousin) the leader is in continuous contact with them etc. etc.

How likely is this to be true?

One thing i can say is that the Sri Lankan Government is full of messed up corrupt individuals and so the story of his death could have been made up..

But then i'm quite sure that the war is over and he's dead...

It's the damn government who will not allow foreign media in because they're commiting the crimes most... (see my rant in the quote above)

Do you think it's possible he's not dead?

Nah, he's wrong. My friend's step-mum's dog's sister owner's postman is the guy who killed him. Said he's definately dead.
Reply 6
It doesn't matter if the leaders are dead because some more will just replace them until their grievances are met...or they're all killed.
Reply 7
schrodinger's cat
Nah, he's wrong. My friend's step-mum's dog's sister owner's postman is the guy who killed him. Said he's definately dead.

my thought process was not induced by that person's claims! infact i never believe that particular person with anything, he's a complete dumbar**

The point i was trying to make is that, it may well be true that the leader is not dead and the government are yet again trying to fool the rest of th world like they have been up until now

i'm not one of those people drawn in by some random's claims!
Reply 8
He is definitely dead. The S Lankan will lie about a lot of things, like their own death toll, number of tamils killed e.t.c BUT they would never lie about Prabhakaran's death, how bad would it look if they were lying and he was alive? If Prabhakaran released a video now that he is well it would destroy the integrity of the government and would make the president look like a fool. It is just too big a lie to make up.

However, the way Prabhakran died, I am sure they made that up. It could have been an execution, false encouter so to speak, where he wasn't given the chance to surrender.
Reply 9
Neo Con
He is definitely dead. The S Lankan will lie about a lot of things, like their own death toll, number of tamils killed e.t.c BUT they would never lie about Prabhakaran's death, how bad would it look if they were lying and he was alive? If Prabhakaran released a video now that he is well it would destroy the integrity of the government and would make the president look like a fool. It is just too big a lie to make up.

However, the way Prabhakran died, I am sure they made that up. It could have been an execution, false encouter so to speak, where he wasn't given the chance to surrender.

apparently they found his body in a lake, but then he wasn't wet and if he was in a lake, there would be different things going on on his body due to the water etc. but he was just found like someone would if they were shelled on the head!....
so that was quite a dodgy story yes
Reply 10
I think hes Dead but didnt die the way Sri Lanka claims he did!
Reply 11
Hes still alive according to Tamil Tiger Official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8057637.stm

Theres a quote box on the page!
Reply 12
Amit92
Hes still alive according to Tamil Tiger Official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8057637.stm

Theres a quote box on the page!

no he's dead according to Tamil Tigers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8066129.stm
I personally believe he is dead, and since the tamil diaspora were convinced that if he died, he would die by taking cyanide - the way he taught all his cadres including thousands of 12-16 year olds to die - (rather than surrender),they cannot believe that their leader, who they've thought of as God for the last 26 years, could have been such a pussy.
Atleast he is out of the picture now, which means that even if tamil people are suffering in disgusting government camps, they are not being used as human shields, kids are not being forced to fight and there is no more bombing.

& even better news. Pakistan's army is getting rid of Taliban in SWAT VALLEY. Finally, the world is doing something about Terrorism.

Latest

Trending

Trending