The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

9/11
Well if we're going to post pictures, I personally love this one.

Reply 182
edited - thanks acalia.edited - thanks acalia.
Reply 183
Melting Sugar.
Sorry guys :colondollar:

Every time you quote me :mad:
Reply 184
Kagutsuchi
Oh wow. You must be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to say that. :rolleyes:

No, I said it in the most sincere and honest way possible. Its the way I feel. You can just Poq Gai as far as im concerned. D'iu ne lo mo, you sAY Baht Poh.
letmepassplz
The same could be said for any religion...

Christianity has played a pretty fundamental role in shaping Britain to what it is today.
Reply 186
RyanT
This is a good point. British newspaper libel laws suddenly don't apply when talking about the middle east. So folks - when you hear about teenage boys being hanged for being gay - well that's just a nasty lie.

Islam would never do that or advocate such actions, especially not in any holy books.

I for one think Islam is a lot more liberal then we give it credit for.

I didn't say the Middle East, I said the East. You have too much faith in the media. So you think China is really starting an empire in the east, and is attempting to expand into Sri Lanka, as according to the Times?

You've clearly not read an exegesis of the Qur'an.
Reply 187
Why hates Islam non-muslims, or Kuffar as they call them ?
Reply 188
Scaffold
Why hates Islam non-muslims, or Kuffar as they call them ?

I'm a Muslim, I don't hate non-Muslims. Nor does the Qur'an instruct me to do so. Nor did the Prophet instruct me to do so. I'm supposed to live alongside them, and I'm certainly not allowed to provoke them as Al Qaeda provoke people. And obviously there's going to be a word for non-Muslim in Arabic, so what?
Reply 189
Having skimmed through countless anti-Islamic threads on this forum over the past two years, I think I have decided to give up on arguing to this degree. Some people just won't listen when you explain that your religion isn't bloodthirsty or vicious.
Reply 190
I`m not saying that all muslims hate non-muslims. But according to the qu`ran muslims should "kill non-muslims wherever and whenever they can" and "strike terror in the heart of the enemy. Thankfully, 99% of muslims ignores those verses and doesn`t act according to them. But sometimes they do, like 7/7 and 9/11.
Reply 191
Scaffold
I`m not saying that all muslims hate non-muslims. But according to the qu`ran muslims should "kill non-muslims wherever and whenever they can" and "strike terror in the heart of the enemy. Thankfully, 99% of muslims ignores those verses and doesn`t act according to them. But sometimes they do, like 7/7 and 9/11.

Dude, you're an idiot. You only have to look at the grammar to work that out.
Show me the quote in the Qu'ran which supports this retarded claim.
Reply 192
Scaffold

i assume ur looking at translated verses...i would really like to know:

1) whose translation that is
2) Chapter and verse number
Reply 193
Scaffold

???
Iz it cuz I is a Muzlim?
Reply 195
m0man
Dude, you're an idiot. You only have to look at the grammar to work that out.
Show me the quote in the Qu'ran which supports this retarded claim.

Believers, if you yield to the infidels they will drag you back to unbelief and you will return headlong to perdition. . . .We will put terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. . . . The Fire shall be their home" (3:149-51).

about the grammar, maybe you should try my language ? :biggrin:
Reply 196
the thing is people are exposed to media, the stereotypical views and they base their opinions on that, sum hav never even met practising muslims properly or even tried to find out any aspects of islam before lashing out on making useless remarks.
Reply 197
rupertj
Some people just won't listen when you explain that your religion isn't bloodthirsty or vicious.

Perhaps because the evidence suggests otherwise.
Reply 198
and about the status of women in islam, if u really want to know then spare some time watching this and then say what u have to say
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irxNIDrxwo&feature=PlayList&p=92536FA275AFE122&index=3
Reply 199
*A_S_H*
and about the status of women in islam, if u really want to know then spare some time watching this and then say what u have to say
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irxNIDrxwo&feature=PlayList&p=92536FA275AFE122&index=3

Why do we need to watch that video when there is an unambiguous verse in the Quran which permits a husband to use 'minimal' physical violence against his wife albeit as a last resort?

Latest

Trending

Trending