The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loves islam
they hate islam because it is the fastest growing religion hence the media sees it as a threat when it is not and therefore says bad things about it not poeples fault really but stupid stupid zionsits - who i wish will die and cant wait for them to burn in hell the *****

Why on Earth did you resurrect a 3 year old thread?

And plus how can you possibly blame 'zionists'? And to say you wish they would die and burn in hell? You're a disgusting creature. Seriously. It's people like you (absolutely bloody morons) who should die; I recommend taking a long walk off a short pier. And getting some punctuation lessons whilst you're at it.
Original post by umop apisdn
Why on Earth did you resurrect a 3 year old thread?

And plus how can you possibly blame 'zionists'? And to say you wish they would die and burn in hell? You're a disgusting creature. Seriously. It's people like you (absolutely bloody morons) who should die; I recommend taking a long walk off a short pier. And getting some punctuation lessons whilst you're at it.

:rofl:
Because Pope Urban II about 800 years ago told them to.
Reply 363
Original post by letmepassplz
The same could be said for any religion...
Our law is founded on biblical teachings, we dropped Runes for writing English because Celtic missionaries used the Latin alphabet when they came over to restore England's faith, a lot of big sporting events (like the Olympic Games) started as Church-related events, and the majority of scientific disciplines grew out of a desire to understand God's work. That enough to be going on with?

Back to the OP's question: people hate Islam because, for all its supposed peaceful teaching, its practitioners are hateful. No, I'm not talking about terrorists, I'm talking about the countries whose laws are based on Islam. And from a Christian point of view, they hold that Mohammed was the Prophet of God, when Christ warned us against false prophets who would turn us away from him. People who would come with a new message, refuse the oblation of Christ, and underplay what he was. Yes, in Islam, Christ is held to be the Messiah and one of God's greatest prophets, yet Mohammed is venerated and even mentioned in the Islamic Creed. Do Christian creeds mention Abraham, Moses, or Isiah? Oh, nobody knows a Christian creed.

A shorter, simpler reason: Islam is slowly taking over the world, bringing with it Arabic culture, therefore threatening the cultures of the places they are taking. If I was to come into your house as a lodger, and start making you do things the way I do them where I was brought up, would you want me there? Exactly.

Standing by for pitchforks.
Reply 364
Original post by itzme

I really hate the one about Shariah Law: British people will NOT have to embrace it, it's just for Muslims who would feel more comfortable with Shariah Law than with British Law. Students in my class could not believe when I said I'd rather have my case dealt according to the teachings of Islam. They simply do not understand that as a Muslim and a non-Westerner, British Law is not always appropriate (please do not be offended, but our values are different on MANY aspects).

I realize you probably have forgotten about this thread and perhaps your views have changed by now - but sorry; if you feel Western laws are not for you, then get out of the West.

Latest