The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
well, people ARE entitled to their opinions without being questioned.
If they wanna hate Islam, it's their choice..
Reply 21
maxfire
well, people ARE entitled to their opinions without being questioned.
If they wanna hate Islam, it's their choice..

In that case, I'm a terrorist, I'm going to start an anti-Western organisation tomorrow. They will work to bring down the government an introduce Taleban-style laws.

Would you allow that? Would I not be arrested right now?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not really ant-western, I'm just trying to make a point.
Reply 22
well if wana support terroism i am entitled to that opinion but if i sayb that i probably be arrested even though i did no harm!!
zohaib01
well it is being intrepreted that all islam does is opsse thier strict values upon the british soiecty and that is all they do but they dont at all they dont even do this with muslims let alone non muslims they want a peaceful world and a thriving uk as does anyone else, do you think we would want the bombings to happen even though we live here i think not! we contribute to help the community we have muslim teachers doctors engineers vets dustbin men factory workers presenters we are as much as involved as evryone else!

You cannot class this as the islamic culture helping British society.

It is people helping British society, nothing more.

List again. What has the islamic culture contributed to British society?
Reply 24
zohaib01
Islamic community have contruibited as much as any other religion and you could say the same for other religions what have the Christan or jewish society contribued to uk nothing but the practing of their faith same as islam

Really?

Saying that the 'Christan society' hasn't contributed to the UK in anyway is absolutely ridiculous. And this post is coming from an Arab.
Freedom of opinion, and intent to harm or lead to the potentiality of harm are 2 very different things.
alaroche
Really?

Saying that the 'Christan society' hasn't contributed to the UK in anyway is absolutely ridiculous. And this post is coming from an Arab.

Exactly.

Christianity has shaped Britain for centuries.
Reply 27
Kagutsuchi
You cannot class this as the islamic culture helping British society.

It is people helping British society, nothing more.

List again. What has the islamic culture contributed to British society?

According to Islam and the teachings of the Prophet, a Muslim is obliged to contribute to society in all aspects. That is, protecting the environment, preventing crime, voting etcetera.

If there are some Muslims who don't, they are not acting according to their religion's rules.

Could I ask what any other religious group has done?
alaroche
Really?

It may have but religion in Britain no longe really matters - Majority of the people in Britain that are "supposed" to be christian arent - they never bother thinking about it - it no longer matters - So most of these people can be classified as Agnostics or Atheists (if they really don't believe in God).
Reply 29
alaroche
Really?

im not an arab im a british muslim whos background is pakistan dont get it twisted

and for Kag those people are part of the islamic society islam has also helped the unfortunate Islamic aid muslim hands are just a few i can think off of the top of my head and what has the christain society done to help britian
Reply 30
Kagutsuchi
Exactly.

Christianity has shaped Britain for centuries.

really HOW?
Reply 31
Thats a good question and why is it just Islam
Reply 32
Kagutsuchi
What have the islamic faith contributed to Britain?

Well, if you say this could be said for any religion, couldn't this phrase be updated to;

What has religion contributed to Britain?
rupertj
According to Islam and the teachings of the Prophet, a Muslim is obliged to contribute to society in all aspects. That is, protecting the environment, preventing crime, voting etcetera.

If there are some Muslims who don't, they are not acting according to their religion's rules.

Could I ask what any other religious group has done?

So you think that just because the islamic faith teaches their followers to be good people, they are good people for that one reason and that is their contribution to the British society?

A person's actions which benefit society - such as teaching students or saving lives as a doctor - cannot be credited to their faith alone. They are people who help society.

Well you threw teachings at me. Almost all the religions - credible ones - advise people to be good people - just like your example.

Christianity - love thy neighbour. Turn the other cheek. I'm sure there's something about helping society in there somewhere...

Buddhism - be a good person to reach nirvana.

etc.

Got any more?
Reply 34
yer it can be classified to any religion but at the moment it mainly focused on islam i havent really come across ant hatered towards jewish culture, sikhism, hinduism, budists, christianity or nay other religion!
Reply 35
zohaib01
im not an arab im a british muslim whos background is pakistan dont get it twisted

and for Kag those people are part of the islamic society islam has also helped the unfortunate Islamic aid muslim hands are just a few i can think off of the top of my head and what has the christain society done to help britian

I meant my post. I'm the Arab.

Christianity forged what is Britain today. I can't believe you're asking this. The architect, the politics, the history, it's roots are all mostly-- if not exclusively, Christian-based.
Reply 36
zohaib01
really HOW?

Go to any history section, pick up any book.
/facepalm
Reply 37
zohaib01
yer it can be classified to any religion but at the moment it mainly focused on islam i havent really come across ant hatered towards jewish culture, sikhism, hinduism, budists, christianity or nay other religion!

Excuse me?!

So your saying that there is no hatred against Jews. . .
Ever been in a classroom with a Jew? Just hear the hatred roaring!
A l a n
Well, if you say this could be said for any religion, couldn't this phrase be updated to;

What has religion contributed to Britain?

People have been misunderstanding what i said in that post.

I wasn't attacking. I was asking what Islam has contributed purely because the OP said that we mock and demean their contributions to British society.

Maybe you should read the first post and the rest of the posts.
Reply 39
Kagutsuchi
So you think that just because the islamic faith teaches their followers to be good people, they are good people for that one reason and that is their contribution to the British society?

A person's actions which benefit society - such as teaching students or saving lives as a doctor - cannot be credited to their faith alone. They are people who help society.

Well you threw teachings at me. Almost all the religions - credible ones - advise people to be good people - just like your example.

Christianity - love thy neighbour. Turn the other cheek. I'm sure there's something about helping society in there somewhere...

Buddhism - be a good person to reach nirvana.

etc.

Got any more?

so if all faiths propose the same teachings then why was islamic way of life in wife swap being ridiculed becasue they belive you shouldnt sleep in the company of a starnger or shake his hand or women should preserve thier dignity and only show thier body to thier husband does that make us bad people who you should hate and ridicule?

Latest

Trending

Trending