The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
this is getting pointless...
some people, whatever their religion, are just unsavoury. If we worried about every single person that knocks or discredits us or what we beleive in, we would be worrying constantly. what's the point? and people are entitled to their opinions OP, if theyre inspiring hate (going round in the streets shouting about it) then fair enough, they shouldn't be... same if theyre attacking (verbally or physically) someone about their belief or race.
The world's becoming less and less racist, more and more tolerant. You never know, it might get there in the end...
Reply 121
zohaib01
well have you been to a muslim area we do many things to help the socitey we have fundrasiers we rasied over £400 for breast cancer and children in need regular donations given by individuals to help homeless and btw i can clearly say that i havnt seen any christan homeless shelters or soup facilites in my neighbourhood as you havnt seen any mulism oraganised event within yours

There are plenty of neutral areas in which Christian shelters operate and I am sure they also operate in large Muslim areas, aswell. I doubt you will find many Muslim shelters/aid facilities outside mainly Asian, Muslim areas who wish to cater to anyone other than their own ilk.

It may be anecdotal, but I have found that Muslims rarely care about non-Muslims.
Reply 122
ANYWAY;

If you go to an Arabic/Muslim forum, they'd be hating on the West just as much. Don't try to deny it, you're obviously very proud of your religion, and would be slightly biased. I was born a Muslim and I've grown up in an Arabic culture, and Christianity/The West gets hated on a lot.

It's just how things are.

Deal with it. This thread, counter-productively, didn't help with matters at all so much as make things worse.
Reply 123
itzme
I am not helping people out on the streets and giving them soup, but I worked for Mencap, volunteered in my college to help those with learning disabilities and helped students with their English. These were not Muslims by the way.

Since when was Mencap a Muslim organisation?
Reply 124
Gorgon
Female. The clue is in the name.

lol i swear it didnt have the the female sign there before

i can pm a pic to you if u reallllly wish.

lol
Reply 125
Originally Posted by itzme
I am not helping people out on the streets and giving them soup, but I worked for Mencap, volunteered in my college to help those with learning disabilities and helped students with their English. These were not Muslims by the way.

no where she says that menacap is a muslim oragnisation she says the people she helped with the learning disabilites were not muslims so the only muslim there was here
Reply 126
sam854
lol i swear it didnt have the the female sign there before

i can pm a pic to you if u reallllly wish.

lol

lol, you don't have the guts!
Reply 127
alaroche
ANYWAY;

If you go to an Arabic/Muslim forum, they'd be hating on the West just as much. Don't try to deny it, you're obviously very proud of your religion, and would be slightly biased.

Please provide links.
You from Qatar, Khalijees have a tendency to love Western culture, so coming from you, this does not help your point.
We spend more time cursing our corrupt leaders than criticising the West actually and as an Arab, you should know this more than me.
Reply 128
bro dont stoop to thier level leave it out we are better than this
Reply 129
Kagutsuchi
Your presumptions clouded your judgement.

If you had the common sense to link my question with his first post, then you would have understood what I was talking about.

Analysing a person's argument isn't actually going off topic. You can't say one thing and not back it up and not answer up to it then that in it self should not be included.

How about, you don't be a presumptuous fool?

How about you stop being so offensive.
Reply 130
Gorgon
Since when was Mencap a Muslim organisation?

I never said it was. But your post clearly implie dthat Muslims do not help non-muslims. My reply was meant to show that this is not the case. We do not keep to our 'community', you will see muslims helping non-muslims everywhere. Btw, Muslims Hands is an organisation which does not only help Muslims. There is the possibility to sponsor non-muslims children. Stop generalising by what you see. There are still people on this Earth who believe that human beings deserve the same treatment regardless of religion.
Reply 131
Delta Usafa
Sam, your barging into the thread not to make any contributions to the discussion, but rather to insult someone that you disagree with, is actually making you look like an idiot.

no i just would have thought most people with common sense would pick up on the fact that an argument based on people should be able to 'mock and demean' because islam (or any other faith) hasnt contributed much to society is silly.

i am not saying islam has contributed anything much to socitey of england but i believe it would be similar for any other religion, and yet other religions, such as buddists, but dont get the hatered, like the op was trying to say.

i just think judging or disliking someone on their religion is retarted, whatever that religion maybe.
extn
How about you stop being so offensive.

Maybe you shouldn't be offended so easily? :dontknow:
Reply 133
letmepassplz
The same could be said for any religion...

No, the same cannot be said for any religion. Christianity has clearly contributed more to the United Kingdom than any other religion that's around nowadays.

zohaib01
And Raj people are entitled to thier opinon but you wouldnt like it sum1 was dissing your faith or beliefs you have to be considerate to tohers around you and not be selfish!

Islam - as is intepreted by most Muslims - can be offensive to women, gays, non-Muslims, etc. Why are you allowed to make hurtful (and incorrect) comments about others when you claim about the exercise of free speech by others?
sam854
no i just would have thought most people with common sense would pick up on the fact that an argument based on people should be able to 'mock and demean' because islam (or any other faith) hasnt contributed much to society is silly.

i am not saying islam has contributed anything much to socitey of england but i believe it would be similar for any other religion, and yet other religions, such as buddists, but dont get the hatered, like the op was trying to say.

i just think judging or disliking someone on their religion is retarted, whatever that religion maybe.

She wasn't attacking Islam for any contribution towards society or lack thereof, she was simply asking what they have contributed. Nobody ever said that Islam is insulted because they don't contribute. The OP simply said that they do contribute, and Kagutsuchi asked how.
Reply 135
Kagutsuchi
No. Spelling "you" in the form of "u" is truly retarded.

Your penis small = lack a penis.

GOD YOU'RE STUPID.

Not really most people with a social life know u = you in short hand and I saved myself from having to type 2 extra characters, therefore again not retarded

Also something being small means it exists therefore you are contradicting yourself and digging yourself into a bottomless pit of stupidity
Reply 136
It is not so, anybody can feel like you. There are supporters too.
Reply 137
well in chirstanity the old testamont homosexuality is deemed a sinful act and until some time women were not even premitted to talk in the church so both have quite similar views and stille expected to cover thier heads whilst at church
Reply 138
Delta Usafa
She wasn't attacking Islam for any contribution towards society or lack thereof, she was simply asking what they have contributed. Nobody ever said that Islam is insulted because they don't contribute. The OP simply said that they do contribute, and Kagutsuchi asked how.

Yes but asking what have they actually contributed is a slightly meaningless question it could be argued that no religion (maybe except Christianity) has contributed to British society.

So therefore it would be reasonable to assume that the op was trying to get the point across; why do Muslims get hatred when they contribute as much/as little to society as any other religion (bar Christianity)
Reply 139
Gorgon
lol, you don't have the guts!

does this mean u realllllly wana see it?

Latest

Trending

Trending