The Student Room Group

TSR English forum "who are you?" thread

Scroll to see replies

sugarplum
English lit
A2
Edexcel
Merchant's Tale, The Duchess of Malfi, Wuthering Heights compared with The Return of the Native, The Great Gatsby (coursework)
Username: No Future
Lit / Lang / Land L: Literature and language
Level your taking: GCSE
Board: OCR
Set books / work / topics: Death of a Salesman, Opening Worlds (short stories), Opening Lines (poetry).
Username :Rainjan_4now
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit and lang
Level your taking: A2
Board: Edexcel
Set books / work / topics: Margaret Atwood- Surfacing, and Chaucer's The Merchants Tale from his book The Canterbury Tale's
Reply 23
Rose (or Rose64 if you want my full name :p: )
Lit
A2 and AEA
AQA, OCR
Talking Heads and A Bit of Singing and Dancing - coursework (done)
Othello, Songs of Innocence...
War lit synoptic
Reply 24
Username just easier then looking up: skevvybritt
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit
Level your taking: A
Board: can't remember, oops!
Set books / work / topics: Last year: Frankenstein; A streetcar named desire; Much ado (c/w); Keats (selected poems)
This year: Return of the native; Wuthering heights; Duchess of Malfi; unseen poetry; The Merchant's tale; A room with a view (c/w)
Reply 25
oh, I did Streetcar last year. And today in eng lit (last period on a friday. Guess how much we get done) we watched a (totally and utterly legal, honest) Simpsons episode where Marge is in Streetcar. Good stuff.
Madelyn
oh, I did Streetcar last year. And today in eng lit (last period on a friday. Guess how much we get done) we watched a (totally and utterly legal, honest) Simpsons episode where Marge is in Streetcar. Good stuff.

That episode is soo good- STELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA :biggrin:
Reply 27
you mean duuuffffffffffffffffff
historyhoney
Well it makes sense to do one for this as well,

Username :redface:nlylittleme
Level your taking:AS
Board: OCR
Set books / work / topics: The Tempest, Shakespeare's sonnets, Persuasion, The miller's prologue and tale (coursework)
Reply 29
Vicky Baker
Eng Lit
A2
AQA
Othello, Keats, Maurice vs Lapsing (comparative) and WW1 lit synoppy
Reply 30
Reema
English Literature
A2
Edexcel
1. North and South (Gaskell), Hard Times (Dickens) - Comparative
2. Unseen Poetry
3. Nineteen Eighty Four (Orwell)
4. Merchants Tale - Chaucer
5. Lady Windermere's Fan - Wilde
skevvybritt
Username just easier then looking up: skevvybritt
Level your taking: A
Board: can't remember, oops!
Set books / work / topics: Last year: Frankenstein; A streetcar named desire; Much ado (c/w); Keats (selected poems)
This year: Return of the native; Wuthering heights; Duchess of Malfi; unseen poetry; The Merchant's tale; A room with a view (c/w)

You must be doing Edexcel- you're doing the same as me except I did 'The Great Gatsby' for Coursework. What do you think of Return of the Native?! :wink:
Username: caffecooki
Lit / Lang / Land L: Eng Lit
Board: AQA
Set books / work / topics: War Synoptic :mad:
Reply 33
Username : red_roadkill
Lit / Lang / Land L: Language
Set books / work / topics: No set books, but modules are:
Language Change (medieval & 20th century AND Child Language Acquisition) - this is the synoptic unit.
Other exam: Editorial writing
Coursework: Investigation into an area of language change - I chose language change in holiday brochures from the 1960s to 2004.
Reply 34
sugarplumc
You must be doing Edexcel- you're doing the same as me except I did 'The Great Gatsby' for Coursework. What do you think of Return of the Native?! :wink:

[RANT]It's just boring.
This is the bloke who wrote three pages on the noise the wind makes when it blows through harebells. THREE! thats 3, yes, you read it right, iii. Shouldn't be allowed. Think of the trees!
He is trying too hard to write the epitome of a tragic novel and in doing so fails to make it a) believable, b) interesting and c) ...tragic
He should just stick to poetry.[\RANT]

I just typed that out twice. The computer crashed on me :mad:
Reply 35
skevvybritt
[RANT]It's just boring.
This is the bloke who wrote three pages on the noise the wind makes when it blows through harebells. THREE! thats 3, yes, you read it right, iii. Shouldn't be allowed. Think of the trees!
He is trying too hard to write the epitome of a tragic novel and in doing so fails to make it a) believable, b) interesting and c) ...tragic
He should just stick to poetry.[\RANT]

I just typed that out twice. The computer crashed on me :mad:

Not to be annoying as I really dont want to be but could keep just to the questions please - could other comments be started in another thread as this is for reference,

HH
Username:
Lit / Lang / Land L: Eng Lit
Level your taking: AS
Set books / work / topics: Philip Larkin anthology, Hamlet ( coursework0 Enduring Love, Dr Faustus
Reply 37
Username :enola
Set books / work / topics: Wordsworth The Prelude books 1 & 2, Othello, Lit of the first world war, Catch 22 & Captain Corelli's Mandolin (coursework)
Twinkledust
Lit
A2
Aqa A
Blake, songs of innocence and experience, othello and synoptic war unit
Reply 39
English lang and lit

AQA

Coursework- text transformation (aspects of the play absent friends into a short story)

Unit 5- Talk in Life and in Literature

Unit- Synoptic Unit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending