The Student Room Group

TSR English forum "who are you?" thread

Scroll to see replies

Username : *starry_eyed_*
Lit / Lang / Land L: English Lit
Level your taking: Just started A2
Board: AQA
Set books / work / topics: AS - Hamlet- Shakespear, Enduring Love- Ian McEwan, High Windows- Philip Larkin, 'Doctor Faustus' - Marlowe
A2 - Othello- Shakespeare, Wiliam Blake, comparative coursework (???), War Literature
Reply 121
User : KatDock
Subject: Literature
Level : AS
Board: I can't remember! *scratches head*
Set Books: "Wise Children" - Angela Carter, "High Windows" - Phillip Larkin, "'Tis Pity She's A Whore" - John Ford, Either "Much Ado", or "King Lear" (teacher hasn't decided yet)

I'm going to add a small additional section in here...
Texts Studied: Macbeth, "An Inspector Calls"- JB Priestley, "To Kill A Mocking Bird"-Harper Lee, "Far From The Madding Crowd"-Thomas Hardy, "Caucasian Chalk Circle"-Brecht, Twelfth Night, a bunch of poetry including various WW1 poems and "Slough"- Betjeman
Username: LouisaG
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit
Level your taking: A2 now.
Board: AQA A
Set books / work / topics: Wise Children (Angela Carter), Othello, All My Sons, WW1 synoptic, French Lieutenants Woman and Age of Innocence as coursework, Hamlet and Blake.
Username : silversane
Lit / Lang / Land L: English lit
Level your taking: AS Levels
Set books / work / topics: Wise Children, Antony and Cleopatra and All my Sons
Username : Daniel4389
Lit / Lang / Land L: English Lit.
Level you're taking: AS. (I can't believe "Level your taking" appears so many times in a thread devoted to English students!! :eek: )
Board: AQA, I think.
Set books / work / topics: Hamlet, William Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience, Waiting For Godot, Wuthering Heights.
Username : Cheekymonkey26
Lit / Lang / Land L: English Lit.
Level you're taking: A2
Board: OCR
Set books / work / topics: Frankenstein Mary Shelley, Dracula Bram Stoker, The Bell Jar Sylvia Plath, measure for measure and the merchants prologue.
Reply 126
Username : beanie
Lit / Lang / Land L: both! A2 Eng lang, and A2 Eng lit (2 seperate A levels, not the combined one) *english junkie*
Level you're taking: A2
Board: AQA for both I think.
Set books / work / topics:
Eng Lit first as that's easier: Othello and William Blake. For the synopic unit we've been set Bird Song to read, and I'm reading loads of other WW1 related literature. For my comparative study I'm doing The Lovely Bones and Tess of the D'urbervilles. Last year I did Hamlet (cwk), Enduring Love, Dr Faustus and The Worlds Wife- Duffy.
Eng Lang: We don't really have any set texts, I'm just reading everything as wider reading and the fact I'm in love with the subject! Topics wise- at A2- Language Change, Editorial Writing and Language Investigation coursework.
Username: recurring
Lit / Lang / Land L: English Literature
Level your taking:A2
Board:colone:dexcel
Set books / work / topics: Metaphysical Poetry, Wuthering Heights, The Duchess of Malfi, The Great Gatsby.
historyhoney
Well it makes sense to do one for this as well,

Username :frown:just easier then looking up)
Lit / Lang / Land L:
Level your taking:
Board:
Set books / work / topics:

i NEED HELP ON PUTTING THINGS IN NMY OWN WORDS MY TEACHER KEEPS TELLING ME NOT TO COPY OFF THE PAPER WORD FOR WORD BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT THINGS INTO MY OWN WORDS PLEASEEEEEEEEEE HELLLLLLLPPPPPP ME![email protected] :blueangel :blueangel :littleang
Reply 129
Username: girlgerms
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit.
Level your taking: A2.
Board: AQA.
Set books / work / topics: 'The Canterbury Tales', 'Measure for Measure', Coursework comparison: 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?' & 'The Great Gatsby'.
Reply 130
Username : rich_
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit
Level your taking: AS/A2/AEA
Board: OCR
Set books / work / topics: T.S.Eliot; 'Dracula'; 'Antony and Cleopatra'; Keats (for AS anyway).
Username: fonzievision
Lit / Lang / Land L: English Literature
Level your taking:AS+A2 in 1 year
Board:colone:dexcel
Set books / work / topics: Keats' Selected Poems, Frankenstein, Streetcar, Much Ado, Larkin, Things Fall Apart, Much Ado, The Tempest, Faustus, Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf... I think that's it.
Username: FarEastGerman
Lit/LAng/Land L:colone:nglish Literature
Level you taking: A2
Board: Edexcel
Set books/work/topics: Pre-1770 Poetry, Lady Windermere's Fan, Things Fall Apart, Emma and Pride and Prejudice (for the comparison)
Username: x_tainted_x
Course: English Literature
Level: AS (repeat)
Texts: Spies - Michael Frayn (closed book exam), Much Ado About Nothing - William Shakespeare (coursework), Beowulf - Seamus Heaney (open book exam), School for Scandal - Richard Brinsley Sheridan (open book exam)
flawedheroine
Username: FlawedHeroine
Lit / Lang / Land L: English Lit
Level your taking: A2 (soon to be degree!)
Set books / work / topics: Duchess of Malfi, Wordsworth the Prelude, Coursework (Comparing Dracula and Frankenstein) and Synoptic on War and Literature (WWI)

oh yeah and for AS I studied:
Handmaid's Tale, (Retaking- grrr), Glass Menagerie, Thomas Hardy Selected Poetry and Coursework on Antony and Cleopatra
Reply 135
Username: Sopheh
Lit/Lang: Lit
Level: A2
Books: Blake SoI&E, Bell Jar, Cuckoo's Nest, Othello and War Literature, of course.
Username: Brotherhood
Lit/Lang: Literature
Level: A2
Board: I'll have to check, but I'm fairly sure that it's AQA.
Books: Silvia Plath - The Bell Jar (Coursework), J.D. Salinger - Catcher in the Rye (Coursework), Oliver Goldsmith - She Stoops to Conquer, Geoffrey Chaucer - The Canterbury Tales and I'm not sure about the other to be honest. I don't think it has been decided.

If anyone's interested, at AS I did: Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights, Tennessee Williams - A Streetcar Named Desire, William Shakespeare - Hamlet and William Blake - Songs of Innocence and Experience.
Reply 137
username : hobbit
course : lang/lit
level : AS
board : AQA
set texts : Cold Mountain, Much Ado About Nothing, School for Scandal + poems
Reply 138
username : dann
course : literature
level : A2
board : AQA?
set texts : Frankenstein, Measure For Measure, Paradise Lost (IX and X), The Wasp Factory, Wuthering Heights and various other things (Rime of the Ancient Mariner, The Bloody Chamber)

OLD AS STUFF - Shakespeare's Sonnets, Henry IV 2, Passage to India
Reply 139
username : gemma.....
course : Language & Literature [best of both worlds eh :wink:
level : A2
board : AQA
set texts :
:biggrin: A Midsummer Night's Dream (on Spoken language),
:smile: 3000 word coursework in which I transform one genre into another (yay),
:cool: Synoptic/unseen papers i.e poetry etc

Oh, just noticed that "Dann" is studying "The Wasp Factory" by Banks, what a shocking read that is! Rather disturbing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending