The Student Room Group

Welfare State! Help please!!!

I'm doing higher modern studies. In the 2007 paper the Q was: To what extent are the founding principles of the welfare state being met?

My teacher said it is to do with universal, comprehensive, inequality and collectivist ideas . But the marking instructions show it's related to the '5 giants' i.e housing, education, employment, disease etc! Exam on monday. Panic! Any advice would be great ta!
missyq
I'm doing higher modern studies. In the 2007 paper the Q was: To what extent are the founding principles of the welfare state being met?

My teacher said it is to do with universal, comprehensive, inequality and collectivist ideas . But the marking instructions show it's related to the '5 giants' i.e housing, education, employment, disease etc! Exam on monday. Panic! Any advice would be great ta!

Hey.

The 'principles' of the welfare state is what your teacher said.

Now you've established that, you have to see how its being met, through housing, education, employment, disease.... etc

So for example
Housing - is council housing comprehensive? Thatcher sold most of them off, and not enough were built to replace them, so probably not ina ccording to principles.

Education - tries to be. Is universal etc, but in some places there are more students than places so some people don't get a place in their own area.

Etc etc

Latest

Trending

Trending