The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i was really lucky i got the first job i applied for, my flat mate on the other hand isnt having so much luck at the moment but fingers crossed she might be getting a job at the co-op with me :smile:
Reply 2
Just been let go from Boots because of the stores 'budget' so far I've applied for 15. Being unemployed leaves you with such a dull feeling. :frown:
Reply 3
Three. Heard nothing.

Just looking online now to see if anything else has popped up.
Reply 4
7 so far got 1 interview going to do another round 10 today
Reply 5
Around 12 now, been rejected from most, not holding any hope no more :frown:
Reply 6
i was meant to hear back about an interview by the end of last week and i still havent heard anything :frown:
too many to count
Reply 8
Oooh now's really not a good time for student jobbing is it?

I feel lucky that I was up for employment last year to be honest!!

The first job I applied for ever was a bit strange really. One of those new Screwfix Trade Counters (anyone heard of them?) was going to open in the town centre where I live. My application (and interestingly everyone else's) were all rejected because the store never actually opened in the end. Too much competition, they shoulda known!!

Then I applied to McDonald's 5 times, Vodafone once, Carphone Warehouse once, Phones4u once, Sainsbury's twice (first time was a petrol station app and couldn't do it 'cos of age), Orange once, O2 once (and turned them down because they didn't advertise the hours on the ad and it wasn't what I was looking for - they weren't up for negotiations, I was quite gutted!), annnnnd Currys.

That's all I can think of. Total: 13

11 failures, 1 near miss and 1 success.
I applied for about thirty before I got one (this was at the start of this year).
Reply 10
Too many to count. Of the 50+ jobs i have applied, got a call/respose from only Debenhams. Had an telephone interview on Friday and waiting for the result now with fingers crossed.

The frustrating thing is not getting any response. I would be happy if they just send a standard rejection or something but nothing.
Reply 11
lost count :p:
Its ridiculous because most places only want people with experience in that particular field but i've never had a proper job
Five, and I've got another one ready to post.
It really annoys me that no-one sends rejection letters, it would make it less stressful if they let you know when they had made a decision, even if it was bad news.
Reply 13
no-cash

The frustrating thing is not getting any response. I would be happy if they just send a standard rejection or something but nothing.

Exactly!! Checking my emails and post everyday in hope is frustrating :mad:
ah tell me about it!!

I got an interview for the first job i applied for, a week later i get a phone call, out of 100 applicants it came between me and one other person, he gave the other person the job, told me she wasn't doing very well and would call me if he had changed his mind... and then i lost my phone! lol

Applied for 4 more this morning, already had 2 responses, one of whom wants to see me tomorrow but thats for a temp agency so will see what happens...
Reply 15
On the Toys R Us website it says once you complete your application drop it in to your local store. I sent it to my local store in the post, do you think this affects your chances:confused:
I've applied to about 45 jobs - no luck :frown:
Marchessa
Exactly!! Checking my emails and post everyday in hope is frustrating :mad:

I know the feeling :frown: :mad:
Reply 18
For my current job i applied to 3 places and joined 2 agencies. Got a job offer from my fave and took it!

Previous part-time job I applied for 3, had two interviews and the second offered me a job.

But for my first graduate-level job it was tougher. Applied, was interviewed and rejected by a few before getting an offer just when I was losing hope and considering my options. That's why I'd say keep trying - make sure you are doing good, tailored applications to each one too.
Reply 19
About 40 and have heard bugger all from any of them..it's not like I don't have experience grrr :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending