The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeah... January paper people??

And do you think it's safe for me to revise 3?? Opinions please!

And what topics will come up together?
Constitution with parliament?

and Executive with judiciary?
Should be safe to revise 3

There was no Jan paper for it

There's only the specimen paper available for Unit 2
Reply 62
no one took the jan paper for edexcel for this unit..
Reply 63
Is anybody else struggling with examples??!!?
Yes, although there seems be to be less emphasis on them than in Unit 1. Do we need to know about whether we should have a British Bill of Rights?
Reply 65
Yeah, I've found the examples I know, seem to apply to a number of different topics too.
I think we need to know about codification but isn't our 'version' of the bill of rights our HRA?
Yeah but apparently Cameron thinks we should scrap the HRA we have now and come up with our own...
Reply 67
Yeah we need to know for and against a bill of rights in the UK
Reply 68
And examples aren't as important as they were in Unit 1 ...
Reply 69
daisyy
And examples aren't as important as they were in Unit 1 ...

they kind of are for the C questions, like the 25 and 40 markers.
ArchedEdge
Lucky for you I literally just finished them :yep:

I've put them all up again just to save people having to flick back and forth.

Those notes are great, thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 71
OHH MY GOD :frown:
Ok i thought I was alright, I know 3 topics quite well - judiciary, parliament and the constitution...
There's me getting rather happy... Ok i'll attempt some past papers now :o:
then I look at the question.. I CAN'T ANSWER THEM :woo: I go through my notes... do not know what section the answer is in? I just can't answer the questions.. I have the knowledge, but have trouble applying it. :woo:
Obviously I can do 5 and 10 markers... but anything over :frown: :frown:
Especially the 40markers, it's just the way the questions are bloody worded!
Anybody else have this problem?
Reply 72
Hmmm, i've gone throught the entire Edexcel textbook and there isn't really a section on comparison of Bill of rights.
In fact there isn't even much on Bill of rights at all.
Reply 73
What textbook have you got?
There is a section on Bill of rights in the Andrew heywood one
Reply 74
daisyy
What textbook have you got?
There is a section on Bill of rights in the Andrew heywood one

I have the white Edexcel book written by Neil McNaughton :smile:
jaz_jaz
Hmmm, i've gone throught the entire Edexcel textbook and there isn't really a section on comparison of Bill of rights.
In fact there isn't even much on Bill of rights at all.

Is there anything on the adv/disad of both parliamentary and presidential government?
Ahh I still haven't started yet.. I'm going to focus on learning some history today as I've barely started that too....

Is it definitely okay to just learn three topics? I think I'd miss out the judiciary

Also, for examples, how do you go about finding them? I have good general political knowledge but I couldn't quote specific dates of when events have hapepned etc..
Reply 77
ArchedEdge
Is there anything on the adv/disad of both parliamentary and presidential government?

well theres a mssive emphasis on presidential and I have a feeling it may be the 40 marker (at least I hope) so yeah because the question would be 'should the uk or is the uk a presidential government?' you'd include dis/ad of the systems.
Reply 78
Darkest Knight
Ahh I still haven't started yet.. I'm going to focus on learning some history today as I've barely started that too....

Is it definitely okay to just learn three topics? I think I'd miss out the judiciary

Also, for examples, how do you go about finding them? I have good general political knowledge but I couldn't quote specific dates of when events have hapepned etc..

trust me; from someone who finds politics hard; judiciary is very short and pretty easy! I think I'm gonna miss constitution or parliament.
I'm missing out Parliament...but then I've just looked through the judiciary questions in the textbook and they're actually pretty hard!

Wasn't the presidential gov question in the spec though?

Latest