The Student Room Group

Is getting AAC the same as an offer ABB?

Hi, can someone tell me whether universities will accept me if i get AAC, and which i have been offered ABB (no specific subjects). I slightly confused because i have one grade higher and one grade lower for the other.. :s-smilie:

I belive that i will be able to get AA in my applied ICT subject, but properly only a C in business. I had chosen computer science and management for my course. In addition, since i am doing computer science, will it give me an advantage of getting into my course since every year only 1% only manage to get AA in applied ICT for my exam board? :confused:
No-one can tell you for certain... It depends on the university, how many people get ABB, etc...
Reply 2
If you get, AAC you won't have met your offer. If the offer was given as 340 points (equivalent to ABB or AAC) it'd be a different story, but if they specify grades, they want those grades.

Normally, though, unis will be quite lenient in this respect, but it's not really worth taking the risk... I'd really work hard to get a B in Business.
Reply 3
As far as I know (which isn't a lot), they only have to take you if you get ABB or higher (ie, AAB or AAA). But, if you do get AAC instead, the higher grade in one subject should help your case when you phone up the uni afterwards.

Can't say for sure though sorry.
Good luck
Reply 4
nuodai
If you get, AAC you won't have met your offer. If the offer was given as 340 points (equivalent to ABB or AAC) it'd be a different story, but if they specify grades, they want those grades.

Normally, though, unis will be quite lenient in this respect, but it's not really worth taking the risk... I'd really work hard to get a B in Business.
:eek: at your post count (i looked on your profile btw)
It depends on each university and how many applications/how many people met their offer etc. the year you are entering.

Personally, I see not different point-wise...but again, if they wanted this, they would have put ABB OR 340 POINTS. Year after year, there have been more applications to university and competition is fiercer each year.

All you can do if things don't go your way, is hope you have a nice admissions tutor :smile:
Reply 6
Natalie_xx
:eek: at your post count (i looked on your profile btw)

There are people here with 10 times my post count.
Reply 7
thanks for the help so far guys
Reply 8
do you think i would still be able to apply for a computer science course at a top uni if i was to consider going through clearing?
Reply 9
Dan345
do you think i would still be able to apply for a computer science course at a top uni if i was to consider going through clearing?
If you find your firm/insurance won't take you on results day then you will be eligible for Clearing. However, it's not really that likely that unis asking the same sort of grades as your offers will be interested in an application offering less, is it? That is of course if they are in Clearing at all!
Reply 10
My offer from Sheffield was BBB/AAD/ABC
I think that's just them though, but they seem to regard all of those grades the same
Hopefully you uni will too :smile:
Reply 11
the uni i have applied to is nottingham, but iam worried that there are only 20course places, :s-smilie: which is quite competitive. I do hope they consider them as the same grades similar to your offer from sheffield though.
Places like Nottingham aren't very lenient with grades, I'm afraid. You might get lucky, but they've most probably given out 25+ offers so can afford not to be lenient.
it depends
i need ABB to go to uni but predicted AAC
contacted royal holloway and they said they wont accept my grades
best thing to do is to ring the admissions tutor of the uni and ask them
sometimes they're specific about getting certain grades for certain subjects depending on what you wanna do
hope that helps :smile:

Latest