The Student Room Group

The Roman Party

Got my Euro election ballot paper today and it lists THE ROMAN PARTY, AVE!

Anyone going to vote for them or know WTF they are about?

Infact it is just a single candidate so looks like someone is having a laugh or trying to make a point.
Eh, how come you got your ballot paper in the post?
Reply 2
Jean-Louis Pascual has a sexy name, vote for him :smile:
Election pledges include:

Toga! Toga! Toga!

:getmecoat:
Reply 4
Feral Beast
Eh, how come you got your ballot paper in the post?

postal ballot......?
Reply 5
Which part of "Roman" is it? Augustus? Vespasian? Julian? Caesar? Probus? Or Theodosius?

Let's hope it's not the latter.
Reply 6
Martyn*
Which part of "Roman" is it? Augustus? Vespasian? Julian? Caesar? Probus? Or Theodosius?

Let's hope it's not the latter.

Caligula, I hope!
Reply 7
Wow, I'd totally vote for them!
I'd be so, so tempted.
Reply 9
UKIP splinter group as far as i gather. nothing funny like i was hoping for :frown:
Reply 10
The UK First party (formed Feb 2009) is made up of mainly ex-UKIP members, but I've never heard of the Roman Party or its leader. I don't think he's ever been a UKIP member or supporter.
Reply 11
His campain leaflet sems to have been lifted from his CV.
No need to worry, the Roman Party is no UKIP splinter group. Jean-Louis Pascual is a Reading Bus driver of French Basque decent. He can often been seen behind the wheel of the number 17 and is a top bloke. As the EU electoral commision doesn't want small parties/candidates like him standing, they ask for a putative deposit of £5,000. He doesn't have particularly substantial means so just for his committment to the democratic process I'd vote for him!
Reply 13
ultimate_zippy
No need to worry, the Roman Party is no UKIP splinter group. Jean-Louis Pascual is a Reading Bus driver of French Basque decent. He can often been seen behind the wheel of the number 17 and is a top bloke. As the EU electoral commision doesn't want small parties/candidates like him standing, they ask for a putative deposit of £5,000. He doesn't have particularly substantial means so just for his committment to the democratic process I'd vote for him!

Interesting. Do you know what his 'manifesto' says?
Reply 14
i retract my earlier comment then. I gleaned that misinformation from the Reading Tory candidates website. Tories eh?
Reply 15
The Roman Party. Ave! Standing in South-East. French bus driver Jean-Louis Pascual, who has stood at local elections in Reading under this banner since 2006, is the sole candidate.

Other than that I have no idea.
In a so-called "free" country, anyone who meets the age requirements, isn't a member of the House of Lords, has the deposit, and is not serving time in prison, is entitled to stand for public office. Why shouldn't he stand? Good luck to him. I voted for him - he seemed a much better option than the collection of self-servers, Marxists, neo-nazis, environmental idiots, animal rights supporters and little Britons who were standing alongside him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MaxTib
Caligula, I hope!

Just as long as it's not Augustine - he converted Rome to Christianity. BAD MOVE!
Definitely voted for him yesterday. After all, as an Archaeologist, how could I not?!
Old thread is OLD.

And seeing as none of them are called Sillius Soddus or Biggus Dickus they won't be getting my vote.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending