Reply 21
Kneechuh
Three hours. It was for philosophy.

:eek: That's pretty rad.
Reply 22
Adam92
Hence the % :wink:

Hah, fair enough, didn't see that. Nobody really posts % with UMS. :p:

That exam was easier than my GCSE Business one lol.
Why isn't no one saying Biology or Chemistry?
Reply 24
evening before. philosophy exam, got 93%
InvoluntarySlacker
Why isn't no one saying Biology or Chemistry?

Pretty much nothing for my exams in January (don't get me wrong, I tried; I just can't concentrate), got As in both. :smile:
Reply 26
Akkuz
Hah, fair enough, didn't see that. Nobody really posts % with UMS. :p:

That exam was easier than my GCSE Business one lol.

I know, but it seems more impressive lol.

I totally agree. People could get an A/B in that module with a list of key terms alone.
Reply 27
I crammed physics and got a high A. Revised properly for maths and chemistry, though.
Reply 28
Got 98% doing no revision for R&P in GCSE. But that's GCSE.

Hopefully I will get an A in philosophy with about six hours revision this year though.
llama-beans
Pretty much nothing for my exams in January (don't get me wrong, I tried; I just can't concentrate), got As in both. :smile:

Envious. I did nothing as well and got a C and E. :frown:
Never so much have I wanted to use the rolley eyes smiley.
for my mock i revised for each subject the night before and i pulled out A*/A and one C (for Spanish :mad:)
Reply 32
BrightGirl
Never so much have I wanted to use the rolley eyes smiley.

Haha, I should rename this to "The Boasting Thread" but what the heck, it's all for fun. :smile:
I did nothing for ENB5 (english language) and got 87/90

On the other hand, you got to take the pack of pre-release material into the exam, which was everything you needed really :biggrin:
An A in General Studies AS without any revision or going to any of the classes... or are you talking about proper subjects?
InvoluntarySlacker
Envious. I did nothing as well and got a C and E. :frown:

I am so hoping for the good luck I had in January. My next exams are on the 3rd and 4th of June and I am yet to start revising. :pinch:
Eight hours total outside of classes got me an A (481 UMS, though) in Government & Politics.
I didn't bother revising for english lit much because it was open book & I got 120/120. Yay! Wish the exam this year was open book... It's not :frown: Everything else however I must revise constantly or else I will forget it all.
Reply 38
Darn, I can't post as Anonymous..

I am not proud of it, sort of.. well, I am, which is why I want to post. But it's not a good thing and I would have done things differently if I could go back.

I have never really done any revision for any subject. For the last few years I've done barely any work - relatively low attendance and no homework.
For the closed text English exam AS (Dickens' Hard Times) I did no practice essays and I didn't read the book.. I only read chapters 1-5 and the last chapter, then I just flicked through the middle of the book picking up random quotes for about an hour before the exam. I got a high A.
I have never used York Notes or anything like that.
For Fascist History I missed most of the lessons on Consolidation of power. Just before the exam I realised I knew too little about it and that it might come up. I skim read some stuff on it for about an hour. The exam happened to be on consolidation... I got a high A.
I did GCSE graphics as a twilight course in year 10, we only had 8 lessons and 4 of those were messing around for 30 minutes then going home. I did the coursework (60% of the GCSE, normally takes the best part of two years) in only one week [with only 3 hours sleep over the course of 7 days, literally, 30 minutes each morning before school]. I did most of the learning for the two exams in 1 hour lessons before the exams themselves. I got an A.

Those are probably the worst (or best depending on how you look at it) examples.. I have to admit, going into an exam knowing you aren't nearly as prepared as you should be is a bit of an adrenaline rush.

I don't do quick revision, I do quick learning.
llama-beans
I am so hoping for the good luck I had in January. My next exams are on the 3rd and 4th of June and I am yet to start revising. :pinch:

Whaaa? You on OCR or AQA? Because OCR is at June 1st for Bio and June 3rd for Chem.

Latest