Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Tory Question Time

Announcements Posted on
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    So in other words, your party line (the important part) is exactly the same as the Libertarian Party?

So which of the past few wars do you think have been justified? Iraq? Afghanistan? And you can leave out the Falklands, incidentally, since the Libertarians did support that.

Forget "some members". What is the party line? What are the exact pieces of regulation your party supports that Libertarians would not?
    In that instance, yes.

You would have to confirm with the Libertarians however they seem to support general military isolationism and only seek to defend the Falklands if invaded again. Afghanistan was very much justified as a member of NATO (although it has become a shambles of an operation), Iraq i support in principle given that dictatorships should not be allowed to exist.

Patents and copyrights judging by their comments not so long ago.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I'm not entirely sure why you even answered a question that was meant for the person who created the thread.
    Not even sure he is still around.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Confident with your coalition offers?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you own a castle?
    I don't know about the rest of the members, but I can't find a decent castle! All the ones here in the north seem to be owned by English Heritage...

:sigh:

besides, we probably can't afford a detached house let alone a castle, times are tough, castles are the first thing to go, then mansions...
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebatingGreg)
    Government doesn't matter anyway. The Liber's got the most bills passed last term, and we weren't even in government.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you own a castle?
    I own a Castle... well we call it a Château but to you commoners it is a castle.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    Government doesn't matter anyway. The Liber's got the most bills passed last term, and we weren't even in government.
    To be fair you are a very well respected party though with well thought out bills generally.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    We are actually voting on the route to take at the current time.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    Correct. People have to realise that being in opposition ain't the end of the world.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    We are actually voting on the route to take at the current time.
    So you have some concrete offers to go into a coalition then, or are you still deciding who to make the offers to?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Correct. People have to realise that being in opposition ain't the end of the world.
    It's great. Being able to shoot down and humiliate the government
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you have some concrete offers to go into a coalition then, or are you still deciding who to make the offers to?
    We cannot divulge that information at the current time.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No worries. I wasn't expecting much from it
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Afghanistan was very much justified as a member of NATO (although it has become a shambles of an operation), Iraq i support in principle given that dictatorships should not be allowed to exist.
    So the presence of a dictator is the only justification required? Shall we invade Syria next? North Korea? China after that?

Patents and copyrights judging by their comments not so long ago.
    So, when pressed, the only difference in terms of domestic policy between yourself and the Libertarians is some minor quibbles over patent laws?

Dear me. At this rate you simply seem like the less intellectually inclined wing of the Libertarian Party.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    So the presence of a dictator is the only justification required? Shall we invade Syria next? North Korea? China after that?

So, when pressed, the only difference in terms of domestic policy between yourself and the Libertarians is some minor quibbles over patent laws?

Dear me. At this rate you simply seem like the less intellectually inclined wing of the Libertarian Party.
    If said dictator has been seen to be committing genocide then yes it is a reason to consider military intervention.

China is too powerful and North Korea too close to China, i would support military intervention in Syria. We must unify as a species by removing those who would bring tyranny.

Go ask the Libertarians what they stand for, when they say something i disagree with then i shall point it to you however i do not many of their specific policies.

Minimum wage - Our party seeks to reduce it, not abolish it (another difference).
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see. So, you're in favour of invading any country with a dictatorship that we're capable of beating in a fight? Blimey... so, which one are we going for next? Afghanistan (again)? Algeria? Angola? Azerbaijan? Bahrain, Belarus, Brunei? Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire? Cuba, Djibouti, Equitorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Iran? I haven't even reached the letter J and you're already invading half the world!

Nice to see a reasonable Tory policy on foreign affairs.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cote d'Ivoire
    If you are going to spell a country in French, learn to spell it correctly Côte d'Ivoire!!!

Also we haven't left Afghanistan... Bahrain and Brunei is ruled by a monarchy, Burma does not exist... it is Myanmar also it is democratic now, Cambodia constitutional monarchy.... I could go on as it is literally like you have zero clue as to what countries have dictatorships, which have monarchies and which are presidential. Do the left even go to school or do they just drop out and suckle on the teat of welfare as they are too stupid to get jobs?

Also WTF is wrong with Belarus? it is a brilliant country, yes it has a dictator at the helm but **** me, the women and the general atmosphere of that place is
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    If you are going to spell a country in French, learn to spell it correctly Côte d'Ivoire!!!
    Surrender to the French? Never! (the real reason is I never learnt the alt code for ô...)

Also we haven't left Afghanistan... Bahrain and Brunei is ruled by a monarchy, Burma does not exist... it is Myanmar also it is democratic now, Cambodia constitutional monarchy.... I could go on as it is literally like you have zero clue as to what countries have dictatorships, which have monarchies and which are presidential. Do the left even go to school or do they just drop out and suckle on the teat of welfare as they are too stupid to get jobs?
    I'm sorry, what were you saying? A dictator is defined as "A ruler with total power over a country" - monarchs are perfectly capable of being dictators. As for Burma being "democratic", it's constitution stipulates 25% of all seats must be held at all times by the military. The current government is unelected, and was appointed by the junta. They've made some small steps in the direction of freedom - the by-election of 45 seats - but to suggest Burma is a proper democracy now is laughable when the government could be overthrown by the junta at any moment.

This just further illustrates how terrible Conservative foreign policy actually is, if "Burma" is your definition of democratic.

(incidentally, the reason I name it Burma is because the name was changed to Myanmar by the junta. Like most human rights organisations and the RL Government, I refuse to recognise the actions of the junta as legitimate, and prefer to name it Burma. I see you prefer to treat the junta as legitimate. Nice to know that human rights abuse is accepted as by the bye amongst the Conservatives)
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surrender to the French? Never! (the real reason is I never learnt the alt code for ô...)

I'm sorry, what were you saying? A dictator is defined as "A ruler with total power over a country" - monarchs are perfectly capable of being dictators. As for Burma being "democratic", it's constitution stipulates 25% of all seats must be held at all times by the military. The current government is unelected, and was appointed by the junta. They've made some small steps in the direction of freedom - the by-election of 45 seats - but to suggest Burma is a proper democracy now is laughable when the government could be overthrown by the junta at any moment.

This just further illustrates how terrible Conservative foreign policy actually is, if "Burma" is your definition of democratic.

(incidentally, the reason I name it Burma is because the name was changed to Myanmar by the junta. Like most human rights organisations and the RL Government, I refuse to recognise the actions of the junta as legitimate, and prefer to name it Burma. I see you prefer to treat the junta as legitimate. Nice to know that human rights abuse is accepted as by the bye amongst the Conservatives)
    Well don't bother spelling the ****ing country name in French then if you are going to ****ing half-arse it. I (and many French people) make a ****ing effort with English, why don't you do it for other languages?

Oh but of course however I don't recognise that fallacy... as otherwise by definition the Queen of England is a dictator.

Oh noes, 25% are controlled by the army and wtf there was just an election....

I honestly don't care about what human rights nut jobs say, what are human rights anyway? man-made rights, that is what they are.

All of the above is not representative of the Conservative party as a whole... also I like how you completely ignore the fact that most of the countries you listed do not have dictatorships.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see. So, you're in favour of invading any country with a dictatorship that we're capable of beating in a fight? Blimey... so, which one are we going for next? Afghanistan (again)? Algeria? Angola? Azerbaijan? Bahrain, Belarus, Brunei? Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire? Cuba, Djibouti, Equitorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Iran? I haven't even reached the letter J and you're already invading half the world!

Nice to see a reasonable Tory policy on foreign affairs.
    Not quite so extreme in that we don't just have a list we chuck a dart at.

No, we look at countries on a case by case basis and examine whether we could utilise all military aspects (navy, air force, army), location to powers and whether they have committed an act of genocide.

We are committed to using our influence on the UNSC for good.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 21, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.