Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Tory Question Time

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am quite able to tell you all whether and what action is being taken, i simply see no reason to inform the House of what is an internal affair.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Following attacks made by one of your MP's towards your Coalition colleague, will you guys be taking disciplinary action towards this Member?

(EU Bloc Treaty in the Division Lobby)
    Asking questions and making hypothetical statements are not attacks.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    Asking questions and making hypothetical statements are not attacks.
    have you got a link to the comments made? Its just I haven't seen them is all, been busy over the last few days.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    have you got a link to the comments made? Its just I haven't seen them is all, been busy over the last few days.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2033409

well attacks happened when I was pushed enough to make them.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2033409

well attacks happened when I was pushed enough to make them.
    your first comment contained an attack in questioning his commitment...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    your first comment contained an attack in questioning his commitment...
    If people think that is attack then I must be some insane attack person because I say more aggressive attack stuff in every other sentence I speak on the internet and in real life.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    If people think that is attack then I must be some insane attack person because I say more aggressive attack stuff in every other sentence I speak on the internet and in real life.
    it was a public confrontation of a coalition partner, if you had a problem it should have been done in private. Anyway, this is the 'Ask a tory thread' and ive already cluttered it enough with stuff relating to this issue, we should probably take any further posts to the tory chat thread or gov chat thread.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    This proves that the tory are delusional!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1343401552.511322.jpg (152.2 KB, 29 views)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How does the party review who becomes an MP/Is allowed to stand to be an MP. Does the party discriminate against new comers (Like myself, yet to be approved/disaproved to join this party xD). I hope I am approved to join the party though
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would the TSR Tories support an EU 'in/out' referendum?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am back in the political foray, feel free to ask me questions on my political beliefs, my intentions and whether I have changed in anyway

-----------

(Original post by barnetlad)
    I cannot speak for the party, but I would.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes however there will be party members on both sides.

(Original post by GrazzleDazzle)
    How does the party review who becomes an MP/Is allowed to stand to be an MP. Does the party discriminate against new comers (Like myself, yet to be approved/disaproved to join this party xD). I hope I am approved to join the party though
    I shall accept you momentarily.

We generally elect MP's and have infact just finished an MP election in which Misterxninja has replaced Bun as an MP. We do not discriminate, if you send your manifesto before our deadline then the party will rightly consider all options and ask about your views.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    when you're accepted have a look in the "become a junior minister thread" there's one in the gov subforum and the tory party subforum, its a good step on the road to becoming an MP
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    I accepted you after you posted this.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can also confirm to the House that Misterxninja has been duly elected the Member Of Parliament for the TSR Conservative and Unionist Party replacing Bun.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    yup, we need a balance between right and left I suppose. Public funding to help businesses in difficult times can be beneficial, but not in the labourite way of funding even the most helpless of cases indefinately. They need to make sure they do everything to encourage difficult, but I suppose without a majority and with a large part of the lib dem party being rather unhappy with what they see as an uneasy alliance, it must be a difficult job to pass some of the more right wing measures.
    To be honest i'm not a fan of direct public funding at all unless the majority of finance is private such as some of the motions we proposed last term however i do think that the introduction of a LVT and subsequent abolition of VAT and increase in IT threshold would be a major step towards growth without damaging the deficit reduction plan. I am also not happy with the actual way the cuts have come and would rather a treasury committee had said 'we don't need this much' in each department rather than the SOS being told to cut 40% and go find it. I am also saddened that with the exception of Gove and Osbourne no other departments have really laid out a long term vision for what that department will look like (the health reforms were more of a management change to me than anything that will have impact).

I don't think the Lib Dems are holding us back economically that much at all as they would love to go further on tax, i just think that most of the current front bench are not really what i would describe as radical enough.

I have broadly agreed with the principal because i desire a smaller state but i certainly will not be revering Cameron in the same way i do Thatcher or Major in years to come.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jpkc)
    Better than providing "alternatives" that then turns out to be complet and utter bull. Tories said they wouldn't cut the NHS. NHS cuts. Tories said they wouldn't raise VAT. VAT raised. Tories said they wouldn't scrap the 50p rate. 50p rate scrapped. I could go on (even without mentioning the Lib Dems!).

Labour doesn't have a civil service behind it, and it's a democratic party. So coming up with a manifesto for government takes time.
    Would not cut the NHS in 'real terms', to my knowledge this is still the case.

Would not raise VAT? I don't remember them saying that (i do disagree with the rise but still).

Would not scrap the 50% rate? Not once did i hear that and frankly anybody with one eye on politics should know that the 50% rate would be gone.

Perhaps but right now they sound like a bunch of children who have had the toy of governance taken off them and the only thing they cite is a rather poor 5 point plan...

Bank bonus tax - For goodness sake stop attacking the rich!

Bring forward investment projects - Fair enough been done by the coalition as well but £5bn of projects will not have a massive impact.

Bring VAT back to 17.5% - Fair enough but again fairly small.

A localized VAT cut to 5% - A step forward but limited to one sector so not going to have the biggest impact

A national insurance tax break to small firms who employ more - Not groundbreaking at all and not going to have a massive impact.

I may not be the biggest fan of some of the governments measures but given that the economy has lost 1% in the first two quarters can you honestly say that these rather small steps will have a 1% effect on growth. I certainly doubt it!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should I be concerned for the welfare of my distant relatives living in Ecuador in the light of the potential storming of their embassy?
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should I be concerned for the welfare of my distant relatives living in Ecuador in the light of the potential storming of their embassy?
    No, i doubt they shall do it.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in fact I order all British nationals to come back to the motherland for protection.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2014
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.