The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I-&#9829
North Korea today risked further international isolation after it claimed to have successfully tested a nuclear weapon as powerful as the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/may/25/north-korea-hiroshima-nuclear-test

Do you think it should be allowed to have nuclear weapons or not? Seeming has it is isolated from other countries except China and Russia to an extent. Also it works for its self-interests?

It wouldn't be a problem if America had nuclear wepons.
Reply 61
And it's fired more missiles, despite the international condemnation.

It's quite clear that the leadership are relishing every moment of this, and it's a very clear attempt to make the US do something stupid like invade it - thus giving them an attempt at claiming some form of high ground and attempt to get Russia and China involved to protect them.

What a poor, deluded state this is.
I just read this in the paper. I remember reading a few weeks ago about them pulling out of the 6 party talks and removing the nuclear regulator inspectors. It's pretty worrying, they need to be stopped. They're in blatent violation of UN laws.
Reply 63
No one would dare invade them as long as China is backing them.
Reply 64
If we have nuclear weapons, why do we feel north korea aren't allowed them?

Genuine question.
Reply 65
edited - thanks acalia.
Reply 66
My personal opinion, the world should be rid of nuclear weapons. No one should have the power to cause such devastation and mass deaths.

But, we cant have one rule for us and another for others.
Reply 67
i'm from S Korea, and i sorta don't like N Korea//
-- not supposed to say this but i really don't like them- people get bad impression of my country -_-;; because of them///
Reply 68
lovcullen
i'm from S Korea, and i sorta don't like N Korea//
-- not supposed to say this but i really don't like them- people get bad impression of my country -_-;; because of them///

People don't like N Korea, because the media gives the impression they are the only country developing nuclear weapons.

One sided stories to brainwash viewers ftw.
Reply 69
I don't think a nut bag like him should have weapons like that.
Reply 70
Terryw
I don't think a nut bag like him should have weapons like that.

no, but, what can we do about it?

I agree, I'd much rather they didn't have the weapons. But maybe they feel that Obama is a nut bag hehe.

---

Oh, and if you're going to neg me for having an opinion, at least leave your name =]
Reply 71
Shayke
no, but, what can we do about it?

I agree, I'd much rather they didn't have the weapons. But maybe they feel that Obama is a nut bag hehe.

---

Oh, and if you're going to neg me for having an opinion, at least leave your name =]

I didn't neg you.

And he may think Obama is a nut, but if we look at Kim Jong-il, the country and some of its policies then we realise he is indeed a nut bag :p:
Reply 72
Terryw
I didn't neg you.

And he may think Obama is a nut, but if we look at Kim Jong-il, the country and some of its policies then we realise he is indeed a nut bag :p:

Yeah I know it wasn't you, I only lost a couple of points lol. I tried to seperate it form my post quoting you (hence the "---" lol)

America invaded Iraq, and have now invaded Afghanistan. They have tortured their detainees, and have just successfully collapsed the world economy. America polices aren't amazing either =]

I'm not trying to defend North Korea, but I'm just saying, maybe they look at us in a similar way as we do to them. Or in other words, do we think we are so perfect?
Well tbh, the USA built a hydrogen bomb which superseded the A bomb, in...1954 lol.
Reply 74
Shayke
Yeah I know it wasn't you, I only lost a couple of points lol. I tried to seperate it form my post quoting you (hence the "---" lol)

America invaded Iraq, and have now invaded Afghanistan. They have tortured their detainees, and have just successfully collapsed the world economy.
America polices aren't amazing either =]

I'm not trying to defend North Korea, but I'm just saying, maybe they look at us in a similar way as we do to them. Or in other words, do we think we are so perfect?

Thats not really American Policy, I don't think they meant to collapse the economy and the Wars, well actually I won't go into that :rolleyes:

North Korea has weird things like all radios being rigged to they can only be tuned to North Korean radio stations.
Reply 75
Bubbles*de*Milo
Well tbh, the USA built a hydrogen bomb which superseded the A bomb, in...1954 lol.

Exactly.

America have a proven record of attacking countries with nuclear weapons. Either every country should abandon their weapons programs (and Korea wont do that until others do as well I imagine), or other countries will feel that they should have weapons to protect/retaliate from others.
Reply 76
hahaha america doesn't like it
Reply 77
Terryw
Thats not really American Policy, I don't think they meant to collapse the economy and the Wars, well actually I won't go into that :rolleyes:

North Korea has weird things like all radios being rigged to they can only be tuned to North Korean radio stations.

hmmm fair enough, from their view, maybe that is how America comes across though. I know we know different, I'm just playing Devils Advocate hehe.

Can you kind of see where I'm coming from?
Reply 78
Shayke
hmmm fair enough, from their view, maybe that is how America comes across though. I know we know different, I'm just playing Devils Advocate hehe.

I understand where your coming from, with the whole "they might see us as weird like we see them". But if the people of NK want to listen to western radio stations then they should be allowed to. They also have some weird laws too, can't think of them right now, but yeah, they're certainly weird.
Reply 79
Tabris
It's a bar chart. Replace the nuclear explosions with bars or even lines. The mushroom clouds are there to look pretty. They have to get wider as they get bigger otherwise they'd look out of proportion.

All you need to know is that the Tsar is 50Megatons and little boy was 15kilotons. That's not necessarily how big the Tsar's mushroom cloud was compared to Little Boy's.

Agreed.

Latest

Trending

Trending