UCL = Oxbridge rejects.

QMUL = UCL rejects.

alternatively:

Oxbridge = UCL rejects
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
BetterThanYesterday
UCL ranked 7th last year and LSE was somewhere like 60 or 70ish. Although LSE is ranked the 2nd or 3rd in the social science table, who cares for that? Overall ranking is waaaaay more important to the general public. :p:

Hardly. Most people on the street would still tell you LSE was better than UCL, regardless of its position in the world tables. Although a lot of people I know haven't even heard of UCL, nevermind know anything about its quality.
Joanna May
Hardly. Most people on the street would still tell you LSE was better than UCL, regardless of its position in the world tables. Although a lot of people I know haven't even heard of UCL, nevermind know anything about its quality.

SHAME, that's all I can say :rofl:

maybe it's just that UCL was ranked below LSE in the world uni ranking two years ago. If this tendency (UCL being in the top 10 uni in the world) continues, then I'm sure UCL's reputation would be much better in the near future.
BetterThanYesterday
maybe it's just that UCL was ranked below LSE in the world uni ranking two years ago. If this tendency (UCL being in the top 10 uni in the world) continues, then I'm sure UCL's reputation would be much better in the near future.

Or people realise that league tables have no real importance, and LSE just has the famous name. I doubt the average person on the street knows where universities were ranked in this country's league tables two years ago, nevermind the world tables.
Reply 24
The amount of people who haven't heard of UCL outside of London is ****ing annoying.

Oh well. They can have fun trying to get a job with their Philosophy degrees from Southampton:rolleyes:

/bitching
Yeah. Southampton sucks. Bloody scummers :p:

It is a bit annoying when people think the university of exeter is great but think UCL is the university of central Lancashire.... but never mind.
Reply 26
I have also found that people don't know what UCL is and its very annoying, but simply return the favour when asking where they go:

''I go to the sheffiled uni'' just be like wtf? where ? is that a poly? ex-poly? lolz? is it even top 50?
Reply 27
university snobbery haha
whatever - I actually don't care anymore; I got 43 points in the IB and UCL is still ranked 7th in the world. fact.
a_t
Imperial is a total sausage fest so no, it is pretentious in parts but not particularly, it's about as pretentious as anywhere else to be honest, but class is certainly no divide in making friends

London is amazing so yeah it is pretty exciting

I dunno about a rivalry with Imperial, any real rivalry is more with kings

I got 4 A's at A level

Picking up an OLD thread but what grades did you get for your GCSES?
Reply 30
LabyrinthWonder
Picking up an OLD thread but what grades did you get for your GCSES?

3 A* 5 A 2 B

Why do you wanna know

Latest

Trending

Trending