The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
electricfeel--
Has the BNP employed a load of TSR members to spread propaganda?

You may be right ha. I've been thinking they've been doing that over the Internet, in general, for a while. They're using the Internet better than any of the mainstream parties - who are just hoping that the Print media will show them in a good light. Still. Even though circulations are free-falling.
Reply 21
Fated
Quite, but one must note that the images the BBC use for Griffin are rather dire.

But he's a very dire-looking man.
Reply 22
OP, is this meant to be ironic? I read each of the articles, and your claims that they are biased are just not true. It is hardly the BBC's fault that Griffin is an ugly prick, or that Hariet Harman described them as a threat. Also, battlebuses refers to Labour's buses, not the BNPs. And hasn't Churchill's grandson every right to complain about misuse of his grandfather's image?
Reply 23
TheGimpMan

In this one, the picture used is pretty awful - Nick Griffin is small and hasn't been properly centred in the frame, this has clearly been done to make him look small and insignificant! Ironically, the article describes how Griffin himself was discussing the media bias. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8044907.stm)

I think they were trying to show the Polish spitfire in the background as well, seeing that the BNP is so proud of it.

TheGimpMan

In this article, it's more the vocabulary used that puts the BNP in a bad light. Describing them as a "threat", suggesting that they rely on fear and mentioning the use of "battlebuses" is a horribly unjust portrayal of the party, as if they are a bunch of violent lunatics.
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7993595.stm)

Its not the BBC that called the BNP a threat, it was the Labour minister, they were using a quote.

TheGimpMan

This one is blatantly biased against Nick Griffin. The picture used makes him look like a snarling animal, quite the opposite of what he truly is - a man who wants to make this country a better place!

To be fair Nick does look a bit "lost" sometimes. Although this was a pretty bad picture.

TheGimpMan

Last one. They've used a headily shadowed face to suggest a sense of evil, mystery or sinisterness. They wouldn't do this to other politicians so why do it to the BNP!?
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7955799.stm)

Uh, I don't think the BBC goes through all the effort of shadowing peoples' faces on purpose. It was just bad lighting. If still don't believe take a look at the shadow on the wall.

TheGimpMan

What are your thoughts on this?
(and please don't say that this doesn't happen, I study media so I can see it happening a lot)

You look too deep into thngs. The BBC doesn't need to put the BNP in a bad light, their racist membership does it for them.
Reply 24
Well clearly people are finding it hard to control themselves when making threads about the BNP. Perhaps, people could at least use the newly formed 'BNP Discussion Thread' if they are really desperate?
Reply 25
will.
You may be right ha. I've been thinking they've been doing that over the Internet, in general, for a while. They're using the Internet better than any of the mainstream parties - who are just hoping that the Print media will show them in a good light. Still. Even though circulations are free-falling.

I think somethings up aswell. TSR is getting about two BNP threads a day.
Reply 26
Fated
Most people hate Palistine :huff:

No, most people sympathise with the Palestinians. Most hate the BNP.
Reply 27
Fated

No they don't!!

You can't even spell Palestine :rolleyes:
Reply 28
Sakujo
No, most people sympathise with the Palestinians. Most hate the BNP.

You've asked everyone, have you?
Reply 29
Fated

No they don't.
Reply 30
Am I the only one who doesn't see any bias in those pictures? :confused:
Reply 31
Wait a minute, the BBC doesn't report on the good things of any irrelevant party, with few members and few serious policies.
Reply 32
Sakujo

You look too deep into thngs. The BBC doesn't need to put the BNP in a bad light, their racist membership does it for them.

Agreed, the post sounds as if it was an answer in an English Language exam, where you're expected to analyse everything to crap :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Imperatrix

Well more sympathise with the Palestinians than the BNP. That's for sure. And no I haven't asked everyone, wait here for about 10 years while I ask everyone in Britan their preference.:rolleyes:
Reply 34
Failed123
Agreed, the post sounds as if it was an answer in an English Language exam, where you're expected to analyse everything to crap :rolleyes:

To be fair, if he could come out with like 10 examples and a few lies in the actual reporting, he may just have a point. But seriously, looking like crap in a picture is no fault of the media if you actually look like crap.
Reply 35
jonny23563
What is it with the influx of BNP members recently? If you hadn't noticed, students tend to be pretty liberal when it comes to politics...

It's the Griffin Youth trying to recruit new members from the voters of tomorrow. Like you say, though - students tend to be fairly liberal, but when you have so few members as the BNP, a few disaffected recruits is a lot.
Reply 36
The BNP are moronic racist bigots. If you try to show them as senisible, decent minded people then you are condoning their values and their views.

Why should the BBC be anything other than biased against them? The only reason they get the time of day in the media is that they're controversial.
Reply 37
Mad Vlad
It's the Griffin Youth trying to recruit new members from the voters of tomorrow. Like you say, though - students tend to be fairly liberal, but when you have so few members as the BNP, a few disaffected recruits is a lot.

But the weirdist thing is that the OP seems quite normal from his past posts. In fact, in openly goes against BNp thinking, at one point he says that multiculturism hasn't failed. :hmmm:
Imperatrix

well lets face it.....they are not winning any elections are they?
I read that as 'Media Bus against the BNP' and thought it was going to be some exceedingly random hypothetical match-up.

Latest

Trending

Trending