The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ben Curnow
well lets face it.....they are not winning any elections are they?

Five years is a long time in politics, and the BNP support now is much higher than it was five years ago.

Just because you don't vote for a party doesn't mean you do not support their cause. I will likely vote Conservative in the EU elections, but that doesn't mean I don't wholeheartedly support UKIP's or NO2EU's ideaology.
DarkTitan
Nah the BBC is supposed to be neutral

ITV is left and CH4 is right...or the other way round i thnik i keep forgetting which is left and right somethines :mad:

ch4 seems to be a bit more left winged, well it seems to me that way:p:
EdwardCurrent
Yes and if it were a private enterprise then it'd be entitled to be as biased as it likes. The BBC is robbing our money to push a government agenda.

yes.....but i would rather the bbc was not partisan to someone like Nick Griffiin...some one with a criminal record like his does not really deserve fair treatment if he isnt prepared to give it himself.
Imperatrix
Five years is a long time in politics, and the BNP support now is much higher than it was five years ago.

Just because you don't vote for a party doesn't mean you do not support their cause. I will likely vote Conservative in the EU elections, but that doesn't mean I don't wholeheartedly support UKIP's or NO2EU's ideaology.

so what exactly is the cause that the BNP holds that u support? UKIP = Anti europe
Green = enviroment.........where is the BNP stood without bringing everyone into disrepute?
The BBC is biased. The only people who do not think that, subscribe to it's centre left leanings. It is biased just like fox news in fact the BBC is worse because it makes a big thing about not being biased and is a bit more subtle.Plus we have to pay a licence fee. The BBC has had to apologise numerous times for news coverage which even after it's own internal investigations was found not to be evenhanded.For example the coverage of Michael howard during the last election ,for which they apologised to him for.There are other examples. The current director general has admitted there is a problem and says steps are being taken to change this.

However regarding the BNP I believe in this instance newspapers are getting in on it. Such as funnily enough the Daily Mail and the Mirror. Maybe it's because they like me can see for the BNP for what they are. Griffin used to deny the holocaust but states he has changed his mind.They have a repartriation policy that is only voluntary because they know that making it forced would cut their votes in an election.So they come up with this ridiculous policy of paying ethnics to go back to the country their parents or Grandparents come from. Nick Griffin is a very intelligent man and knew he had to do some image changing to make the BNP electable. But below the surface they are still a bunch of racists.

It's a pity we do not have an alternative to Blue Labour, the liebour party or the fib dems but the BNP would be even worse if thats possible.
Reply 45
I don't like the BNP personally, but I have to say I see a very VERY negative imaged bandied around by those who are meant to remain to a degree impartial.

Whilst you may say "oh they are scum (bit ****y to label whole groups of people imho)", having a fair system where everyone gets a crack of the whip is needed. If people don't like the BNP they will not vote for them :wink:.

I feel there is to much of an elite party in terms of the big players. At least contenders like the BNP will add some fresh (albeit unwanted) blood to the mix.
Reply 46
So? The fact is the BNP are a fascist party. I think they deserve a little mud-slinging, but it doesn't make that much difference...
Reply 47
Qwerty05
So? The fact is the BNP are a fascist party. I think they deserve a little mud-slinging, but it doesn't make that much difference...

I support democracy, hence I will give all a fair hearing. I won't vote for certain parties, and indeed some make my blood boil. For the interests of freedom though I would give them the same rights as everyone else.

Seems a bit odd getting rids for woman, abortion, homosexuality and yet you would wish to see "mudslinging" on a political party you do not agree with?
Ben Curnow
yes.....but i would rather the bbc was not partisan to someone like Nick Griffiin...some one with a criminal record like his does not really deserve fair treatment if he isnt prepared to give it himself.

I don't give a **** what you would rather. I object to my money being stolen from me, under threat of prosecution, to fund a propaganda-peddling BBC. The clear ideal is that the BBC be shut down completely, its workers thrown out onto the streets, and its assets sold off to the private sector. However, at the very least, it should be impartial and without bias.

If you think that you have warrant to steal my money to push your agenda, then you are ******* disgrace.
Qwerty05

They're not fascist, you utter moron. Disgustingly authoritarian, yes, but so are the bunch of arses we are lumbered with at the moment.
EdwardCurrent
I don't give a **** what you would rather. I object to my money being stolen from me, under threat of prosecution, to fund a propaganda-peddling BBC. The clear ideal is that the BBC be shut down completely, its workers thrown out onto the streets, and its assets sold off to the private sector. However, at the very least, it should be impartial and without bias.

If you think that you have warrant to steal my money to push your agenda, then you are ******* disgrace.

I agree with that.
Reply 51
EdwardCurrent
They're not fascist, you utter moron. Disgustingly authoritarian, yes, but so are the bunch of arses we are lumbered with at the moment.

"Fascism comprises a radical and authoritarian nationalist political ideology[1][2][3][4] and a corporatist economic ideology.[5] Fascists advocate the creation of a single-party state.[6] Fascists believe that nations and/or races are in perpetual conflict whereby only the strong can survive by being healthy, vital, and by asserting themselves in combat against the weak"
Ok, they don't have the corporatist economic ideology...but the rest-radical, authoritarian, racist...sounds BNP to me. If that identification makes me a moron, so be it.
The bunch of arses we're lumbered at the moment may be bad, but they aren't ideologically as nasty as the BNP...
[EDIT] Source for definition- wikipedia. Although perhaps that's a moronic source?
Reply 52
N00bsicle
I support democracy, hence I will give all a fair hearing. I won't vote for certain parties, and indeed some make my blood boil. For the interests of freedom though I would give them the same rights as everyone else.

Seems a bit odd getting rids for woman, abortion, homosexuality and yet you would wish to see "mudslinging" on a political party you do not agree with?

Well who said I was in favour of human rights...?
Let's assume I am. That doesn't mean I can't be in favour of insulting groups I don't like, surely?
Tolerance cuts many ways...
Reply 53
Indeed I insult many things that people think its wrong to do, and I wish for my right to do so to be upheld if not liked. I also support your attack on the BNP. However in regards to corporations like the BBC (what the thread is about), they have a duty (especially when they represent all the people who have paid a license fee). Thus pissing over a political party gets a bit sour, especially considering how much influencing power the media has.

Im not asking for them to give the BNP a kiss, rather to just report facts with a neutral stance rather than the fear mongering that has been happening.
Reply 54
EdwardCurrent

No, they're not fascists. They're just vile racist pigs who are actually not that smart. You only have to take the leaflets from their current campaign to know that. (and thats not a media influenced thought, it's a fact that i can see with my own eyes)

I agree that if the BBC is going to charge what they do for a TV licence then they should be neutral.

As for the current government, i'd rather them any day of the week than the BNP.
The BBC are always going to appear biased. Always. Those on the left will see it as too right, and those on the right will see it as too left.
Reply 56
i've actually just read your thoughts on the pictures and articles in your original post OP.

Do you not have any idea just how paranoid you appear in what you've said? You're clutching at straws because actually there is nothing wrong in any of those articles.
Reply 57
You're finding faults because you want to find them. BNP are a joke of a party. Vocal Minority!=Majority
Lol, British media and unbiased should not be used in the same sentence. 70% of this country are a bunch of wet liberals with absolutely no respect for freedom of speech.
Reply 59
Lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending