The Student Room Group

Which Books did you study for gcse english/lit?

Scroll to see replies

Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls. I am so glad that after reading them millions of times and watching the dvd's over and over...I will never have to read them again!!!
Reply 21
Why is everyone saying the question on Boo Radley? The question was about 'Mockingbirds' so Tom Robinson is a biggie.
Reply 22
Wuthering Heights! I was the only one who liked it.And Romeo and Juliet as our Shakespeare. And the god awful Short Stories for the exam :frown: Which will lead to me failing!
To Kill a Mockingbird, Jekyll and Hyde, A View from the Bridge, Romeo and Juliet << AQA
Reply 24
We did Journey's End, Much Ado About Nothing and this ridiculously bad book of short stories from other cultures.
Reply 25
mamooshka
We did Journey's End, Much Ado About Nothing and this ridiculously bad book of short stories from other cultures.

oh my life, another ocr'er. how did you find lit?
Reply 26
Mcbeth,
To Kill A Mocking Bird,
Great Expectations,
Twelth Night,
And probably another one but can't remember it.

Edit We did Romeo And Juliet too.
Reply 27
of mice and men!
why? you strange thing you :biggrin:
Reply 28
hallix
oh my life, another ocr'er. how did you find lit?

Hmm I thought it was okay, although I didn't quite get that prestigious A*; definitely more difficult than the language/coursework side. There was a massive hoo-ha over the grading of it though, loads were sent back to be re-marked.
Reply 29
Of Mice & Men
Blood Brothers
For coursework we did:
Romeo & Juliet
Inspector calls
Great Expectations

And for the exam we did the short stories as there wasn't enough time for a whole novel.

-Kines.
Reply 31
Faith01
Why is everyone saying the question on Boo Radley? The question was about 'Mockingbirds' so Tom Robinson is a biggie.

Because we did AQA, i'm guessing you did Edexcel/OCR or somthing, but the question was out board was somthing like: How is Boo Radley porteyed by Harper Lee, talk about how he is used etc..
What was your question?
I did:

The Catcher in the Rye (exam)

The Crucible (coursework)
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (coursework)
Othello (coursework)

(AQA A syllabus btw)
We did AQA Short Stories.
Reply 34
To Kill a Mocking Bird
A Christmas Carol
Blood Brothers
<3
Just finished my last exam for English Lit GCSE on thursday for a Christmas Carol and Blood Brothers, i loved studying the two, i just pray that i get good results. :smile:
Reply 35
I studied Act 3, Scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet for my coursework (I ended up with a B on that, thankfully) and we did a book of short stories called Opening Worlds, which was a load of stories from other cultures, for the exam. I can't remember for the life of me what exam board I was with, though. I got a C overall, so I was pleased!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Of Mice& men (Exam & controlled assessment)
Educating Rita (Exam)
Jekyll &Hyde/Animal Farm (Exam)
Macbeth(controlled assessment)
Romeo & Juliet
Reply 37
Exams:
Inspector Call
Of Mice and Men
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Plus Carol Ann Duffy poetry

Controlled assesments (arrggg!)
Romeo and Juliet
Poems by Browning
...I'm sure there were others but i can't remember!
Reply 38
Of mice and men & an inspector calls for exam and macbeth for coursework
Reply 39
For GCSE we studied:
To Kill and Mockingbird, An Inspector Calls, Romeo and Juliet and Far from the Madding Crowd. And possibly Much Ado About Nothing, although I believe that was year 9 with Pride and Prejudice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending