The Student Room Group

Does Red Bull help you revise?

Poll

Does Red Bull help you concentrate on revision?

Because I desperately need to revise, but just can't concentrate.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
??
Reply 2
Pro plus and iced tea!
Reply 3
Usually boosts my mood. Which makes me all happy and not wanting to revise as the pressure to revise goes away. So I would say no.

Doesn't stop me drinking my energy drinks for revision though!
Reply 4
Are you lacking energy? Feeling tired?
Reply 5
Chazman, few threads eh?
Erm gives me a bit of an energy burst but then an energy dip. I find coffee is better if i want longer awakeness/concentration
I work better in the morning than late at night. Red bull/energy drinks give me a boost in the morning for when I really don't feel like waking up. Once I'm tired in the evening though - that's it.
Reply 8
NW8_SW1_EC3
Are you lacking energy? Feeling tired?

lack motivation
Reply 9
chazman311
lack motivation

I'm afraid Red Bull doesn't provide that.
Red Bull just keeps you awake. If you want to be more 'alert', I suggest you take Borocca tablets.
No, makes me tired.
I always found a couple of red bulls and a pack of marlb reds could get me through a long day/night of essay writing. If you don't have the motivation to do the work in the first place, though, then you're in a bit of trouble. Red bull will just keep you awake to get distracted by other things.
Reply 13
red bull does not help with concentration, it's similiar to drinking coffe, it gives you the energy, but when i tried it one night (that's how naive i was) i couldn't fall alsleep until the early hours of the morning. So it's better not to drink it if you're trying to revise. Eat carrots!-good for memory lol :smile:
I guess it depends on how much you drink tea and coffee to begin with. Like any drug, your body gets used to it. Caffeine rarely keeps me up nowadays. So when I was trying to work through till the early hours I needed an extra kick.
Reply 15
Don't go too crazy with energy drinks or you'll end up like Will from the Inbetweeners :p:
no idea, but it's what's keeping me awake right now and able to focus!
terms-and-conditions
Red Bull just keeps you awake. If you want to be more 'alert', I suggest you take Borocca tablets.

What are Borocca tablets? Where do you get them from? I like the sound of them if they keep you more alert :smile:
Reply 18
Redbull does nothing for me.
Reply 19
hmm, can i ask a question, why would people want to stay awake until so late, isn't the time during the day enough? just thought i'll drop that in here :smile: I would recommend studying at day time, then you wouldn't need to drink anything to stay alert :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest