The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Nativeenglish
OK I pretty much know I'm set to fail History next week, I don't have the capacity to learn my whole course in the space of 5/6 days.
At least give it a try... even if you can bump the potential D up to a C, it would make a lot of difference.

Nativeenglish
will it makes that much of a difference if I get a D in it this year but retake?
I think that largely depends on which unis and which courses you apply to do (that is, if you're going to uni). If you get As in the rest of your subjects it shouldn't be too bad, unless you're applying for a subject like History, Politics or Law which might look at History as being more relevant towards the degree.

Nativeenglish
What's the highest I'll be predicted for A2?
That depends on how much you can bribe your teachers to be honest :p: If you can get them to predict you a B or an A, that'd be good... but if you're doing five subjects at AS, why not drop History for A2 and then retake the module(s) that let you down?
Reply 2
I thought that you thought you'd failed English...
Reply 3
Twenty four little hours.
Reply 4
I got AAAD at AS-level. (Economics, maths, geography, physics) but I dropped physics so it made no difference to me.

Why don't you drop History?!
Reply 5
BJP
I got AAAD at AS-level. (Economics, maths, geography, physics) but I dropped physics so it made no difference to me.

Why don't you drop History?!

Because that and Literature are really my only two "strong" subjects. The other two being Philosophy and Psychology, and I'm definitely dropping Psychology. (My other subject is general studies)
Reply 6
I want to do history at uni so I can't get a D next week, sucks to be me :/

But why do you have to carry it on?
Reply 7
A-Man!
I thought that you thought you'd failed English...

A low A in english to me is a fail. Sadly.
Reply 8
Damn I think I've failed english:/
OP You can do it-revise now and now and now
Or if you cannot do it---learn from this lesson to start earlier
Reply 9
Onion Terror
Is it relevant to your course?

I'm going to do english lit at uni, so maybe.
Reply 10
Nativeenglish
Because that and Literature are really my only two "strong" subjects. The other two being Philosophy and Psychology, and I'm definitely dropping Psychology. (My other subject is general studies)

Ahh I see.

If it's it's one of your only two 'strong' subjects and you're carrying it on for sure; how did you get into this situation? Surely it should have been the priority (along with eng. lit.). Poor teaching?!

There is still time..if you put the effort in, you can at least get a B! :smile:
BJP
Ahh I see.

If it's it's one of your only two 'strong' subjects and you're carrying it on for sure; how did you get into this situation? Surely it should have been the priority (along with eng. lit.). Poor teaching?!

There is still time..if you put the effort in, you can at least get a B! :smile:

Um, I honestly don't know, I've just put all my time into eng lit, and I've left it too late for history.

Maybe, maybe, hopefully.
Reply 12
Nativeenglish
Maybe, maybe, hopefully.

For sure. If it was A2, then maybe it would be touch and go. But it's not so..it's certainly possible!! :smile:

Latest