The Student Room Group

Goin holiday wih mates...slight problem! HELP!!

Hi guys, i will be going on holiday this summer with two mates, however have a slight problem and was hoping to see what you would do if you were in my position...

Both my friends are looking forward to this holiday a lot, one of them has instantly brought me the ticket money 2 weeks ago so thats all sorted for him...however the other mate is taking his time a bit longer. He works so raising the money shouldnt be too hard, but there are things he has to sort out first, his car is being repaired and to get it back he needs to raise the cash for that first. In long term he can get the money which is no problem but if we wait a bit longer the ticket prices will go higher meaning me and my other mate has to pay more as well. Everytime i say to him "you sure you can go on this holiday?" he is sounding confident and saying "yes dont get anyone to replace me" because there are other people who would like to come along on this trip as well. I can only take 2 people and these two would be the best choice...what should i do?...

I can wait a little while and see if he does bring the money, if not i guess i can call another mate (i said this to myself 2 weeks ago as well) but i really want him to come along and so does he. This is starting to frustrate my other mate though who has already paid and if prices do go up though it will be minor, its unfair he has to pay a bit more.

To confuse things even more, i phoned him yesterday of when we can sort this out, he was in mood so didnt come on the phone but i spoke to his dad and sorted this out, his dad said he will bring the money on sunday...but literally 5 mins later after that call, his younger brother called me and said that his dad said his bro wasnt allowed to go on this trip!? Was he joking or being serious? Should i wait for sunday and risk prices going higher or ask someone else? I think i will personnaly wait but can anyone give help on this???
Reply 1
well, i personally would wait - if the two who have already paid would prefer the third to come along, then wait, and chance it on the prices.

Also, might be worth double checking wether or not his dad actually said that?
Reply 2
lol im the third person! :biggrin:
Give him a deadline. If he doesn't pay, tough ****. It's not your problem if his car needs fixed etc etc etc.
Reply 4
Give him a deadline.
If he meets it woo.
If not you'll still have fun :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending