The Student Room Group
Nah not really :biggrin: I mean my friend got 6 overall but she's not very fluent in English (the oral bit got her) and if you practise speaking and get a book for the IELTS it shouldn't be too hard :smile:

Shiiiiiiiii I need to do it soon!
Reply 2
You don't need it if you've a minimum C in GCSE English Language, right? :/
aura1947
You don't need it if you've a minimum C in GCSE English Language, right? :/

Yeah, that's normally right. But if you live outside the UK it might be a bit hard to have GCSE grades :wink:
Reply 4
whitepearlbaby
Yeah, that's normally right. But if you live outside the UK it might be a bit hard to have GCSE grades :wink:

I happen to live outside the UK. And I did O Level (which has now been replaced by IGCSE).
aura1947
I happen to live outside the UK. And I did O Level (which has now been replaced by IGCSE).

Oooh I didn't know that was possible!
Reply 6
I don't know about the IELTS but I just took the TOEFL iBT and thought it was ridiculously easy (managed a 119/120:biggrin: ) Make sure you know the format of the entire test, especially the speaking section, as it catches a lot of people off-guard. I'd suggest you complete at least 5 practice tests. Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
well i have GCE O Level in English Language with grade B. I apply for Statistics and Management for Business at UCL and they asked me IELTS:frown:
I heard that the Pearson English was a good one to take. Its all by computers and Uni of Edinburgh accepts it i think

Latest