The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I believe my school's average is around BBB, perhaps ABB, though only 10 people a year get AAA. (that's around 7-8% of the year group)

I think this is because although my school's a state school, it's relatively selective and attracts a lot of people who did well at GCSE. It's also one of the top in Hampshire for improving results between GCSE and A level :smile:
CCC, I think I just go to a crappy school as I'm hoping for ABB/AAb I if do well. However our teachers make us aware (and they are right), it isnt what grades, it is where they get you. If your grades get you to the university/course you want then it doesnt really matter what they are :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Around BBB I think, maybe a bit less. Private school.
MewMachine
I believe my school's average is around BBB, perhaps ABB, though only 10 people a year get AAA. (that's around 7-8% of the year group)

I think this is because although my school's a state school, it's relatively selective and attracts a lot of people who did well at GCSE. It's also one of the top in Hampshire for improving results between GCSE and A level :smile:

Where?
Reply 5
Probably around the BCC area. State school.
Cdd.
A Stranger in Moscow
Where?

It's in Gosport- you'll know if you're from there or around the area, as its the only state sixth form around, I think.
Reply 8
Without GS average point school from last year was: 397
With GS: 452
NCIShippo
Without GS average point school from last year was: 397
With GS: 452

SO are you saying AAA and above was the average!:eek3:

What school did you go to? Or if you don't want to say, what type was it e.g. private/grammar, was it one of the top in the country? e.g. Harrow, Rugby, Eaton, colcchester grammar, etc...
Reply 10
AAA. balanced by a few ABBs, but also around 10% get AAAAA and a further 20%(ish) AAAA. last year, there was a single grade which wasnt A or B (i think some guy got a D in french....) in a year of about 80
Reply 11
cruciform
SO are you saying AAA and above was the average!:eek3:

What school did you go to? Or if you don't want to say, what type was it e.g. private/grammar, was it one of the top in the country? e.g. Harrow, Rugby, Eaton, colcchester grammar, etc...

That includes all the AS points they get as well . . . and yeah it's a grammar! Though the teaching is going steadily down hill, and that year group were very bright. Thing is, people take 5 or more AS-Levels, and some take 5 A2s as well. Then some do extra subjects, like Japanese/Chinese because there family speak it at home.
Reply 12
AAA. Selective state school.
I'd say the average for our school would be something like AAB/ABB

You've got quite a lot of bright students who work hard etc, then some who drag it down a lot. Don't get many students who are around BBB for some reason
state college. err like CCD? but a lot of people end up doing only two A2s.

according to the times, 605 points? compared to 1150 points for the sixthform at my senior school which has 85% A/Bs at a level :P:
Ridiculously high

No wonder were all a bit weird haha
Reply 16
AAAA because selective state grammer school
ABB/AAB i think... sometimes i wish i was at a worse school so my grades become revalued.
Reply 18
Average is pretty poor - think of it this way only about 20 of us do science/only about half do maths
Not many put all their effort in and the most common grade in January was a U
I say the average is a D, C if we're pushing it to the english/maths/science departments
but it's complicated tbh
so kind of BCCD if im being nice
Reply 19
71% in our school have AAA or better :yep:

Latest