The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ALOT of people I know took them all and coped fine, if you're an intelligent kid (straight A*s) you'll have no issues.

Although best subjects to take are Maths, Further Maths, Economics and maybe a Science if you ask me
Reply 2
was taking chem/Bio/Phys/Psychology

I found it easy to manage - dropped physics due to feeling like I was on a sinking ship.... then the entire class got U's. EVERY one of them.

Maths isnt as hard as people say... Picking up AS maths during my A2 year.

With some work you'll find it easy : )
Reply 3
You'll have lots of fun. :awesome:

:ninja:
Reply 4
I've done those four subjects this year, plus history. Quite a lot of work, but managable, so without History its definitely possible.
Reply 5
Lrilol
was taking chem/Bio/Phys/Psychology

I found it easy to manage - dropped physics due to feeling like I was on a sinking ship.... then the entire class got U's. EVERY one of them.

Maths isnt as hard as people say... Picking up AS maths during my A2 year.

With some work you'll find it easy : )

Maths isn't hard you're right, I understand everything Math related yet I still get bad grades (C/Bs)

Maths just requires alot of practice, it's usually the small details which cost you, (correct signs, correct indicis)
Reply 6
I did those subjects last year for AS, and it was tough work! but manageable. I'm doing bio, chem and maths now. I have to admit i'm quite glad i dropped the physics..hated it!
Reply 7
zKlown
Maths isn't hard you're right, I understand everything Math related yet I still get bad grades (C/Bs)

Maths just requires alot of practice, it's usually the small details which cost you, (correct signs, correct indicis)

Agreed - like a of subjects .. Biology for example has a VERY picky mark scheme. I hate it, rewarding the studying of mark schemes rather than the subject.
Reply 8
My friend does chem/physics/maths/F.maths and she is coping fine. Another one is doing those 4 and biology and is doing all 5 for alevels but she is just insanely clever so doesn't count. Basically, if you get an A* in each and/or have a good interest in the subject, you'll be fine.
I do bio/chem/maths/f.maths and am getting along fine.

If you really enjoy sciences, to the point where you can study them day in day out for 2 years then you'll be fine. Just dont be surprised when your life seems to revolve completely around science
Reply 10
congrats
don't!

it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring seriously, the workload is fine aslong as you keep up. it's just soooooooo ****!!!
Reply 12
I did Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and English. Plus, I self-taught Furthur Maths.

I regret picking Biology as I find it really boring. Apart from that, it's not hard at all :smile:
It's going to be fine as long as you're generally good at these subjects and don't mind putting some work in. They also complement each other well (especially if you take mechanics modules in maths) but I would never do this combination myself because I really don't like Physics.
darbo92
I am seriously considering taking biology, chemistry, physics and maths at a level, but a lot of people have told me not to,
so was just asking is it that difficult to manage?
has anyone here taken those four how are you managing? what would say about doing it?
thanks

a friend of a friend did that, and got four A's in his january modules. if you're good at them, it's fine :smile: plus a lot of the sciences have overlapping topics, and maths is a big help with physics. there's no reason why you shouldn't other than the lack of variation.
darbo92
I am seriously considering taking biology, chemistry, physics and maths at a level, but a lot of people have told me not to,
so was just asking is it that difficult to manage?
has anyone here taken those four how are you managing? what would say about doing it?
thanks

My friend did those 4 at AS and is expected to do well at A2...in fact about 5 people did that combination in my year. From what they said workload isn't too bad, only thing to consider is whether you want a bit of variation, if you like sciency subjects and hate essay writing then great combo, but I personally like to have an essay subject to balance it out so I dont have too much of one thing (my A Levels are maths, chem and psych plus did majority further maths AS this year, did one module on yr12). This seems to be the general consensus from the people who did that combo aswell, some enjoyed it but a couple changed some subjects after AS so they had more of a balance...up to you and what you enjoy :smile: