The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think that used to be true but isn't any longer, but several courses have their own specific tests you have to sit. Look here for more info. Also, I think you'd sit those in year 13, when you're applying, not year 12.
Reply 2
la.polista
My English Language teacher told me how if I am interested in applying for Cambridge, I have to take the Oxbridge exams in year 12 (second last year of high school.) Is this true? Can anyone tell me what they are? I've read through the article on applying to Oxbridge and it didn't mention any specific exams .. just marks, UCAS, interviews, etc.

No its not true.
You should go onto www.cam.ac.uk and read the information listed under 'undergraduate admissions'. It makes everything all nice and easy and straightforward. And tell your teacher to read it too.
Reply 3
Alright, thanks to you both for the info!
Haha I shall tell him that :wink:
Reply 4
I'm planning to take medicine ..

GCSE requirement
Passes at grades A, B or C in: Double Award Science and Mathematics
Note: Two single awards in GCSE Biology and Physics may be substituted for Double Award Science.

I'm taking the International Baccalaureate this upcoming academic year though, HL Chemistry, HL Biology, SL Maths and the three other subjects .. However, I did not do Double Science Awards, instead I did IGCSE Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Additional Maths, English + some other subjects. Would it really matter if I did not 100% fulfill their IGCSE requirements, but present them with very high marks for my IB?
la.polista

GCSE requirement
Note: Two single awards in GCSE Biology and Physics may be substituted for Double Award Science.

I'm taking the International Baccalaureate this upcoming academic year though, HL Chemistry, HL Biology, SL Maths and the three other subjects .. However, I did not do Double Science Awards, instead I did IGCSE Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Additional Maths, English + some other subjects. Would it really matter if I did not 100% fulfill their IGCSE requirements, but present them with very high marks for my IB?

You took chemistry and biology, is that not the same/equivelant as sitting Double Award science?
Reply 6
MySweetheartTheDrunk
You took chemistry and biology, is that not the same/equivelant as sitting Double Award science?

OP didnt do Physics IGCSE.
la.polista

GCSE requirement

Best option is to contact Admissions via the University website, I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending