The Student Room Group
Sometimes after removing the back up battery (button one) you have to hit the reset button for it to then turn on. If this fails you could either try and cope with a scientific or borrow one for the exams. Im sure your teacher would allow you to borrow a graphic one for the exam no?
Reply 2
I think i could find one to do the exam with but I need it to work for revision!

Plus it has some resale value if it actually works it was bloody expensive

Any other tips to get it on again? Only had it 18 months i see no reason why it should be kaput
Reply 3
Is the reset button stuck in?
i always found with my calculator, as did everyone else at school about 30 mins into GCSE maths exam (it musta been the calcs they gave us all in year 9...) that a firm smack on the table would get it going again.

Worth a try!
Reply 5
nick-33
it told me i had to put new batteries in but i couldnt be bothered

Well, what do you expect?

If there's a reset button, try that. Or find the instructions and see if there's anything in there to help troubleshoot.
Reply 6
Shayke
Well, what do you expect?

I expected to be able to put new batteries in it when they run out and for it to turn on again :P

Thanks for tips so far guys, none of them have done the trick as of yet ;(
Reply 7
Bloody hell I am such a prat..

Turns out the 'brand new' batteries I tried out were in fact duds.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Its working now

Thanks for help though guys :smile:
This is why you shoudln't let people use calculators like that.

nick-33
Turns out the 'brand new' batteries I tried out were in fact duds.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Its working now

Reply 9
:biggrin:

haha shh i'm too relieved to care
smooth nick ;-)
Reply 11
mattbrandon91
smooth nick ;-)

haha shut up i was genuinely worried, the only way I can manage even basic c3 graph transformations is with my blue badboy calc
I hope you fail, cheater.
nick-33
haha shut up i was genuinely worried, the only way I can manage even basic c3 graph transformations is with my blue badboy calc

that calculator is far more useful than i thought, zack showed me how to do the integral area thing, its so helpful as a check for c4. apparently you can do it for volumes of revolution too, but i'm not sure how.
Simplicity
I hope you fail, cheater.

Who said anything about cheating :P
Reply 15
mattbrandon91
that calculator is far more useful than i thought, zack showed me how to do the integral area thing, its so helpful as a check for c4. apparently you can do it for volumes of revolution too, but i'm not sure how.

Volume of revolution is just the same really

Area under the curve xsquared between 0 and 1 :
fnInt( x^2, x, 0, 1 )

Volume of revolution of curve xsquared between 0 and 1:
fnInt( pi(x^2)^2, x, 0, 1 )

So the only difference is you replace what y equals with .. pi times (what y equals, squared.)

Latest