The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Where did you vote on May 5th?

What constituency did people vote in for the election, because I gather students are able to be registered both in their home constituency and in the one in which they live while at uni.

Did some people go home, because the one where their parents live was more marginal than the one in Bristol, or vice versa.

Also, does the Uni come into the Bristol West Constituency?

Cheers

Yup. I think both BU and UWE are in Bristol West actually. Don't quote me on that though.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I don't know about UWE, but Bristol Uni is definitely Bristol West. :smile:

I voted at home by post.
I'm not at uni yet, so I voted at home. My constituency is Surrey South West, but my vote didn't count because I voted Lib Dem and it went to the Tories. Guildford also went back to the Tories. :frown:

Winchester stayed Lib Dem though. :smile:
Reply 4
susiemakemeblue
I'm not at uni yet, so I voted at home. My constituency is Surrey South West, but my vote didn't count because I voted Lib Dem and it went to the Tories. Guildford also went back to the Tories. :frown:

Winchester stayed Lib Dem though. :smile:

yep i'm not at uni yet either so voted at home: richmond park constituency, the lib dems kept it woohoo! did bristol west go lib dem? or did i just make that up? cos i heard that loads of places where theres a high student population went lib dem!
Yes, Bristol West went Lib Dem.
A lot of Bristol students I know voted in Bristol because it was marginal whilst their home constituencies were more often a foregone conclusion.
dazednconfused
A lot of Bristol students I know voted in Bristol because it was marginal whilst their home constituencies were more often a foregone conclusion.

That's what I would have done; do people put lots of thought into it?

Latest