The Student Room Group

not enough UCAS points for work placements!

Hi everyone need help and advice,

I am in my first year studying business + industry placement at MMU (4 yrs), I need to start thinking about applying for placements. I want to aim at the top graduate employers such as Accenture, Deloitte and KPMG etc. I believe I can go and gain the skills they require from a undergraduate and I am expected a 2:1 degree at least....

However, they require 300/330 + UCAS points, these are points which i don't have (290 - A level - A ICT, B Business. AS level - C Maths, D Computing).

I don't want to aim at small companies because I believe I am better than this, no disrespect.

Much help appreciated

Thanks
Reply 1
lipowicha

I am in my first year studying business + industry placement at MMU (4 yrs), I need to start thinking about applying for placements. I want to aim at the top graduate employers such as Accenture, Deloitte and KPMG etc. I believe I can go and gain the skills they require from a undergraduate and I am expected a 2:1 degree at least....

However, they require 300/330 + UCAS points, these are points which i don't have (290 - A level - A ICT, B Business. AS level - C Maths, D Computing).

I don't want to aim at small companies because I believe I am better than this, no disrespect.

Much help appreciated

Thanks

What do you want to hear? It's quite simple, really: If you don't know anyone who works there and could help you get a placement, there's nothing you can do but apply despite your grades - try to get a good reference from your university tutor as well.

Er, yeah, good luck getting a highly competitive placements (1) with your grades not meeting the criteria, (2) in these times, (3) with your attitude.
Reply 2
lipowicha

Much help appreciated

Thanks

can you not resit a levels to get the required points? or do they not accept resit a levels?

Latest