The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Lol.. cool stuff. I gotta look for a job. Not studying again till 2007...
same i need to look for a job so that i dont get bored in the summer :redface:
so wot you studying? if you dont mind me asking
Lol not at all :biggrin: I've just done A levels Chemistry, Biology and English Literature, and I have offers from Durham and Bristol to read Biology... so if all goes well with results, I'll be studying biological sciences. I'm looking for lab tech jobs now for my gap year.. work experience and stuff..
How about you? What are you doing/ interested in?
Craghyrax
Lol not at all :biggrin: I've just done A levels Chemistry, Biology and English Literature, and I have offers from Durham and Bristol to read Biology... so if all goes well with results, I'll be studying biological sciences. I'm looking for lab tech jobs now for my gap year.. work experience and stuff..
How about you? What are you doing/ interested in?

wow biological Science sounds interestin :biggrin: i loved biology but we didnt do much of it in school though :frown: stupid GNVQ took up my GCSE science time :frown:

but ive just finished my GCSE's a week back and ive got a conditional offer into college :biggrin: to do Biology/Chemistry/Maths / Psycology (hopefully)

and good luck with finding a job :wink:
gameplayer_no1
wow biological Science sounds interestin :biggrin: i loved biology but we didnt do much of it in school though :frown: stupid GNVQ took up my GCSE science time :frown:

but ive just finished my GCSE's a week back and ive got a conditional offer into college :biggrin: to do Biology/Chemistry/Maths / Psycology (hopefully)

and good luck with finding a job :wink:

Thanks! :cool: It sounds like you've got a well chosen combination there... :wink:
Craghyrax
Thanks! :cool: It sounds like you've got a well chosen combination there... :wink:

lol yeah thats what my friend said :biggrin: she also said i wouldnt last to the end of the year because of the amount of work :rolleyes:
gameplayer_no1
lol yeah thats what my friend said :biggrin: she also said i wouldnt last to the end of the year because of the amount of work :rolleyes:

She's right. What will happen is you'll neglect the one that you're natural at.. and carry it on cause its easier. Chem and Bio are WORK! Maths, if you get it automatically is a winner.. if not its crazy in terms of work. Psychology is a doddle.. esp if you're any good at essays and english..
Craghyrax
She's right. What will happen is you'll neglect the one that you're natural at.. and carry it on cause its easier. Chem and Bio are WORK! Maths, if you get it automatically is a winner.. if not its crazy in terms of work. Psychology is a doddle.. esp if you're any good at essays and english..

lol thanks for the tips :wink: i'll try to see if they work and hope for the best from my results :afraid:

so what book are you reading atm? *trys to change topic to something other than results*
Lol! A book called Four Ways to Forgiveness by Ursula Le Guin (author of Earthsea Quartet) Its good, but too short.. *craves more more MORE*
Craghyrax
Lol! A book called Four Ways to Forgiveness by Ursula Le Guin (author of Earthsea Quartet) Its good, but too short.. *craves more more MORE*

cool sounds interesting :biggrin:
i just finished Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown a few days back
im reading The Bakers Boy by J.V.Jones its okay :biggrin: good storyline
gameplayer_no1
cool sounds interesting :biggrin:
i just finished Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown a few days back
im reading The Bakers Boy by J.V.Jones its okay :biggrin: good storyline

I tried to find some JV Jones in the library the other day and failed miserably. (So annoying) Everybody keeps saying how good that author is!

How did you find the Da Vince Code? I'm sure you've been following the various backs and forths that have been round on THAT one a couple of times on this soc...:rolleyes:
Craghyrax
I tried to find some JV Jones in the library the other day and failed miserably. (So annoying) Everybody keeps saying how good that author is!

How did you find the Da Vince Code? I'm sure you've been following the various backs and forths that have been round on THAT one a couple of times on this soc...:rolleyes:

lol my library doesnt stock decent books and if they do they only stock half the series :rolleyes: but yeah J.V.Jones is a reali good author if you like you Sci-Fiction and Fantasy plots :wink:

lol wel i only read the bock to see what the hype was about :redface: and it wasnt that bad and im glad i read the book before i watched the movie :rolleyes:
gameplayer_no1
lol my library doesnt stock decent books and if they do they only stock half the series :rolleyes: but yeah J.V.Jones is a reali good author if you like you Sci-Fiction and Fantasy plots :wink:

lol wel i only read the bock to see what the hype was about :redface: and it wasnt that bad and im glad i read the book before i watched the movie :rolleyes:

Yeh I love Sci fi and fantasy, so I'll def take a note of that.. Lol..def read the book before films, always! Only exception I've ever found was Memoirs of a Geisha, and I say that after reading the book before seeing the film too...
Craghyrax
Yeh I love Sci fi and fantasy, so I'll def take a note of that.. Lol..def read the book before films, always! Only exception I've ever found was Memoirs of a Geisha, and I say that after reading the book before seeing the film too...

Same i love Fantasy and Sci-fiction but sometimes the plots become perdictable :rolleyes: lol :biggrin:

ooo i wanted to watch that movie but i decided to wait til its out on DVD :biggrin:
gameplayer_no1
Same i love Fantasy and Sci-fiction but sometimes the plots become perdictable :rolleyes: lol :biggrin:

Yes I agree entirely. After a while.. after you've read all the good ones.. the authors in that genre seem to be recycling the same styles and patterns..
Craghyrax
Yes I agree entirely. After a while.. after you've read all the good ones.. the authors in that genre seem to be recycling the same styles and patterns..

lol so true its the same old hero hating villan stuff with a few enchanted beast chucked in :rolleyes: and ooo who can forget the old wizards / wisemen :biggrin: lol
and thats when you have to take a break and try somethin different :biggrin:
gameplayer_no1
lol so true its the same old hero hating villan stuff with a few enchanted beast chucked in :rolleyes: and ooo who can forget the old wizards / wisemen :biggrin: lol
and thats when you have to take a break and try somethin different :biggrin:

Precisely. I do eventually just get tired at that point.. and do a few classics or sommat for a while.. till the phase returns...:rolleyes:
Craghyrax
Precisely. I do eventually just get tired at that point.. and do a few classics or sommat for a while.. till the phase returns...:rolleyes:

lol same i decieded to read something different and then after awhile find that i end up back in the fantasy/sci fiction section in the library after a few weeks :rolleyes:
Lol.. yeh! That's why I come here actually.. for inspiration :biggrin:
Reply 2099
Mr_Pedantic
it's the same as revision, but a lot more fun and interesting

Really? Does such a mythical beast even exist? :p:

I'm done! Done, done, done, done, done, done, done! No more exams!

*Ahem* w00t.

Thank god it's all over. I've failed miserably :p:, but at least it's over! Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending