The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Rebecca/Becca
I've heard the books are far better than the films, which means they must be amazing since the films are all very good! :biggrin:

books are almost always better than the movies :cool:
Reply 281
Except in the case of spongebob squarepants - hey, anyone else seen that?
staylor
I do keep meaning to read them - Ice and fire is on my list to buy after the exams and I keep seeing references to Erikson. Ive never investigated him further though.

George R R Martin is famous for the fact that it took him 5 years (and counting) to work on the next book of the series.

If you want a more dilligent and faster writer, go for Erikson. Guy usually finishes one novel a year, and they are usually pretty damned good.
Books! :d Xp X) Yay. me join!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 284
Albinosheeps
Books! :d Xp X) Yay. me join!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You have to shout 'yo-less' really loudly three times whilst walking backwards and widdershins (anticlockwise) around a fire. Yo-less will appear and let you join the society.

Alternatively you could PM her.
Reply 285
staylor
Except in the case of spongebob squarepants - hey, anyone else seen that?

Are there Spongebob Squarepants books?? :confused: :biggrin:
Reply 286
Rebecca/Becca
Are there Spongebob Squarepants books?? :confused: :biggrin:

Well yeah, but only books of the TV series ad 'spongebob puzzle books' and things like that. The still count though.

Has anyone else seen the movie?
Reply 287
Plus who thinks TSR is so much better with the new 'go to page' buttons on the general forums?

:tsr:
Reply 288
I'm so glad you said that! I thought they must have always been there and I'd only just noticed. But yes, they are kinda helpful.
yo-less
new discussion

whats your fav classic and why?

HELP!!
Okies either The Moonstone - I love the mystery and twists. Orrr Tess of the D'Urbervilles - I read that when I was about eleven and loved it even though it was quite long =0) or The Portrait of Dorain Gray - a little 'arty farty' in a way but rather dark.
Reply 290
Excellent! yesterday I bough Pillars f Craetion and Naked Empire (Goodkind), as well as A Game of Thrones. Ive read the Goodkind ones already (want Chainfire :frown:), so now I can start on the other one.
Reply 291
And A Game of Thrones isnt bad either. Taking me a while to get into it though - some of the elements are similar to things in R. Scott Bakker, that is to say very detailed but hard for someone like me who always has name probalems to remember.
Reply 292
staylor
Well yeah, but only books of the TV series ad 'spongebob puzzle books' and things like that. The still count though.

Has anyone else seen the movie?

No. :bawling:
EDIT: I am now in 3 people's sigs! :eek:
Reply 293
Rebecca/Becca
No. :bawling:
EDIT: I am now in 3 people's sigs! :eek:

Make that four!!! (for no reason particularly)

spongebob rocks!!!

In fact, in the film spongebob says 'rock' in reference to a similar situation, and the scene is of a rock. He he, what a sophisticated joke.
Reply 294
staylor
Make that four!!! (for no reason particularly)

spongebob rocks!!!

In fact, in the film spongebob says 'rock' in reference to a similar situation, and the scene is of a rock. He he, what a sophisticated joke.

The TV series of Spongebob did make me chuckle once. He was trying to blow bubbles or something.........I thought it was funny anyway.......... :redface:
Reply 295
staylor
You have to shout 'yo-less' really loudly three times whilst walking backwards and widdershins (anticlockwise) around a fire. Yo-less will appear and let you join the society.

Alternatively you could PM her.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
albinosheeps;you have joined :smile:
Reply 296
we are now talking of spongebob squarepants?Good Lord...

having said that,i did watch it today *squirms*
Reply 297
There is no need to squirm - unless it is with barely contained laughter. I, Gregorian and Constantine went to see it as soon as it came out - it was great!!!
yo-less
we are now talking of spongebob squarepants?Good Lord...

having said that,i did watch it today *squirms*

I watched one episode where they were all surfing, which was fine til I realised that THEY'RE ALREADY UNDER THE SEA! it makes no sense!

Yes, I am easily freaked out by the surreal.
Reply 299
He he he. Spongebob, will you ever learn :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending