The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angury
Ooh, I loved my GP placement - one of my favourites. I'm hoping my Psychiatry placement is good - what makes you say you couldn't become a Psychiatrist?

What are you reading at the moment? You should get a Goodreads account if you don't have one already so I can stalk you. :tongue:

I used to read loads of Fantasy a few years back, then decided to branch out a bit and try some classics. Eventually I became hooked and have even started reading nonfiction (shockingly).

I can't actually remember much of AMoL, except being a bit disappointed with the final book. I think I was expecting much more, but then you can't please everyone, especially with a series as massive as the Wheel of Time. That's kind of what I'm worried will happen with 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series - it's one of the few fantasy series I still keep up with. Have you read Stephen King's Darktower series btw? I've been thinking of reading his work for a long time now.
Psychiatry is very (if you'll pardon the pun) mentally challenging. In my experience, most people suffering from psychiatric illness have suffered in other ways, too, and it was difficult dealing with it as a professional. I couldn't see myself doing pure psychiatry for any amount of money - it's just not for me.

At the moment, I'm not reading anything(!) :o: I've been playing guitar and video games, instead, but my craving for a good book is slowly creeping back in. I bought a book called "Cephrael's Hand" on the basis that it was compared to WoT - I may give this a go if I become sufficiently bored.

I started reading The Dark Tower series - with "The Gunslinger" or something like that - and I couldn't even get through the book. I'm all for a slow start, but by the final third of the first book, I still felt that nothing much had happened. So I gave it up as a bad idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending