The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Saturnfirefly
Hi

I just received my predicted grades and I was given 5/7/7 (Biology and Chemistry) in my higher levels and 5/7/6 (Maths Methods) in my standard levels, which gives me a total of 37 points. Will I be able to apply to any university in the UK and be given an offer? If so, please tell me which universities who would consider me.

Thank you...:frown:

Have a look at this link for each medical schools IB requirements
Reply 2
Hygeia
Have a look at this link for each medical schools IB requirements

Thank you... does that mean I have a probability of getting into Birmingham? Have anyone here experienced my position?
Always LOOK at individual universities before coming on here. I did IB and am in medical school so i'd be happy to answer any questions once you've looked around first.
Reply 4
what are your grades subject by subject?
im confused, but do look at the table [i take creds :p:].

there are several unis you can apply for im sure.
Reply 5
Yes, I thought of looking around for individual universities at first, but when my biology teacher told me that I won't be able to apply to any medical school as they do not accept a 5 in Biology and that it would be worthless to do anything else than to wait for my final grades I got frustrated and had to ask over here (which, consequently, led to an impulsive question).

I have a 7 in Chemistry and Psychology, and a 5 in Biology, with languages (7/6) and Math methods (5) at standard level. I have taken a look at the table from the link provided by Hygeia, and most universities ask for 666 at HL. Very few universities require 18 points in total, or 665, at HL - and I have 19. What universities would most probably be giving me an offer, and does 666 universities consider that I have two sevens and a five instead of three sixes?

Thank you and sorry for causing confusion
Reply 6
no for the 666 ones you do not qualify.

and a 5 in bio will get you down significantly.

is there no way that you can try to raise it to a 6 for predicted grades?
it would be better, but not essential i suppose.

a solid predicted will get you further than not.
if you do manage to get an offer at st George's for example, you will get an offer of 32. ofc they give out offers to strong applicants, probably with a predicted of 40+. but yeah 32 is not THAT difficult :wink:

but yes, snoop around and email those that interest you. also do try to ask your teachers nicely if they are able to inflate your grades a bit.
I was predicted similar to you for chemistry, biology and maths. In fact you have a higher overall prediction than me. And I got in! So apply anyway, what have you got to lose. If your tutors are saying don't apply you won't get in you might as well give it a shot. If nothing else it's simply practice.
so if we say yes you will get accepted, does this mean you will? or if we say no you don't stand a chance, does this means you won't?

its pointless asking us will you be able to apply and be given an offer, we aren't the ones applying - you, nor the ones giving the offer - university.

I know someone who has 45 points and didn't get in, similarly i know someone who has 32 points and got in; what you should aim for is the best of your ability, ie. 45 points, and that will maximize your chance of getting into a medical school.

Latest

Trending

Trending