Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All existing F1 teams, including Ferrari, submit conditional entries for 2010 season

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or so say the BBC.

Its on the rolling headlines at the top of the sports homepage, no actual artical on it yet, im sure there will be one soon, outlining what these conditions are!

www.bbc.co.uk/sport
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well that's good. F1 wouldn't be the same without Ferrari.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8072295.stm

Article now, i say article but the link to the article with more to follow :P:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not surprised. I never for one moment thought Ferrari especially were going to pull out.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are contracted to sign for F1. If they didn't, then they couldn't challenge its rules. Anyhoo, intermin 100 million cap, then 45 for 2011?

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/12932/900/
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good, but unsurprising news really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was always going to happen. The way F1 business is run is disgraceful though, I'd imagine a lot of non-F1 supporters thinking even worse of F1 after this and previous years of 'shambolic business news'.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    So really there are 15 teams looking for 13 positions, wonder who the unlucky ones are going to be!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    So really there are 15 teams looking for 13 positions, wonder who the unlucky ones are going to be!
    Rumour has it that there going to pick names out of the hat, and theres just going and all 15 pieces of paper will say Ferrari or Mclaren.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Rumour has it that there going to pick names out of the hat, and theres just going and all 15 pieces of paper will say Ferrari or Mclaren.
    Haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha imagine if ferrari was not picked. i would laugh my guts out :rofl:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It would be funny if McLaren/Ferrari both weren't picked :laugh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what if they picked mclaren out twice :P

ferrari wer never gonna pull out tbh..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali M)
    what if they picked mclaren out twice :P

ferrari wer never gonna pull out tbh..
    Then we will have 14 teams and no McLaren!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's 16 teams now, March submitted an entry as well.

I don't know why they can't just have all the entries and bring back prequali/some cars fail to qualify, after all, that's what qualifying is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the FIA are just going to have to pick the best pre-pared, most viable entries. The ones who do really have the money, and facilities to make an F1 team, so the likes of Lola, and Pro-Drive.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/05/3...g-down-on-cap/

Thats goes into detail about the conditions of the entries, i prefer them suggestions to the budget cap. Budget cap is just the easiest, quickest solution to cutting costs, seems FOTA are trying to work it to cut costs, allow new teams, but all the teams to push the technologies.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alex Wurz may become a Team Principal - of Team Superfund
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob500)
    It's 16 teams now, March submitted an entry as well.

I don't know why they can't just have all the entries and bring back prequali/some cars fail to qualify, after all, that's what qualifying is.
    A guess would be due to not all tracks having the capacity for all those teams in the pit lane.

Should be interesting to see if any current team is allowed to carry on. Or if the threat to pull it goes ahead should the FIA enforce a budget cap FOTA disagree to.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rather than having names picked out of a hat, why can't F1 go back to the days of pre-Qualifying? or just have all 32 cars trying to qualify and the bottom 6 don't run?

That way no team has to suffer the indignity of not being picked out of the hat (especially if its one of the longest competing teams).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    Rather than having names picked out of a hat, why can't F1 go back to the days of pre-Qualifying? or just have all 32 cars trying to qualify and the bottom 6 don't run?

That way no team has to suffer the indignity of not being picked out of the hat (especially if its one of the longest competing teams).
    That would work well with the current knockout qualifying - just add another session to determine which 6 won't even start the race. Although as mentioned above, pit garages would pose a huge problem, unless as part of the budget cap they make the big teams have smaller garages...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2009
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.