Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Edexcel History A - Grade Boundaries

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for Edexcel History A? I'd be interested in the A and A* percentages need. I realise they change every year so a good rough estimate of how much you usually need would be helpful.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A is 70% usually, and A* is between 80 and 85%
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, it generally seems to hover around 80% (hope it won't go past 85% ) for an A*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    A is 70% usually, and A* is between 80 and 85%
    Is Paper 1 worth the same amount as Paper 2? As in, are they both like the same percentage?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well Coursework is worth 25% (2 pieces) and of the remaining 75%, 40% is derived from paper 1 and 35% from paper 2 - which is fair doos i guess.......
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so what about the other grades?
    is it B = 60% and C= 50% ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure it's 74% raw marks for an A*, not around 80% which people have been saying.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much for an A* in coursework?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paparazzi)
    Does anyone know how much for an A* in coursework?
    It's 90% for the coursework.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Overall, you need 74% raw marks to get an A*, coursework being 25% of this...If you were to get full marks on your coursework, you only need 66% in the exams to get an A*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok well I only got 84 in coursework so how much do I now need in the exam to get an A*. Thanks for all the help btw (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok well I only got 84 in coursework so how much do I now need in the exam to get an A*. Thanks for all the help btw (:
    Hey, i got 83, and i worked it out to be 71% needed to get an A* so it's that or a tiny bit lower for you :beer:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    76%
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I seem to be working this out differently to you guys. To get an A* on the coursework you have to get 90% and on the exam paper 74%. 90% of 25 is 22.5 and 74% of 75 is 55.5 meaning the overall percentage needed for an A* is 78%.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need 80% on CWK to get an A* and 75%-80% on exam.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D R E A M Z)
    Hmm, I seem to be working this out differently to you guys. To get an A* on the coursework you have to get 90% and on the exam paper 74%. 90% of 25 is 22.5 and 74% of 75 is 55.5 meaning the overall percentage needed for an A* is 78%.
    Lol you lost me when numbers came into it. Idk I guess the grade boundaries flunctuate so there reallly can't be a solid number but I'm sure 80% is usually an A* in the exam?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avacadro)
    You need 80% on CWK to get an A* and 75%-80% on exam.
    Well, my teacher was under the impression that 90% was an A* for the coursework, but I hope you are correct
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Usually around 75% apparently for A*.They are quite low compared to other subjects.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did good in the coursework. Got Paper one coming up on wednesday and I haven't revised the 2nd topic. I haven't even started revision on Paper 2 stuffs either. damn. I really want that A* though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol you lost me when numbers came into it. Idk I guess the grade boundaries flunctuate so there reallly can't be a solid number but I'm sure 80% is usually an A* in the exam?
    Yeah they do fluctuate a bit. If the grade boundary for the coursework is 80% and not 90%, you personally will need 73% rather than 76% in the exam for the A*. When working these things out remember to take into account the weighting of each mark

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.