The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nightvision
God why did I put lakeside as first choice, its miles away!!

Well the fact that you put lakeside as your first choice suggests that you have enough money to have a private limo drive you around the campus so walking shouldn't be a problem for you :wink: :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
why are you flapping around so pathetically about the distance to tesco...make some friends then go? or sit in your room and order online
Reply 42
dng92
why are you flapping around so pathetically about the distance to tesco...make some friends then go? or sit in your room and order online

me? im not, i have never lived anywhere else than where i live now, and things are much more different in europe, so im asking. is that a problem? :smile:
Reply 43
raes
me? im not, i have never lived anywhere else than where i live now, and things are much more different in europe, so im asking. is that a problem? :smile:

You'll think Tesco is a proper task at first, but you get used to it.
It works out much cheaper than shopping at Costcutters and it helps break your day up sometimes.
Reply 44
Bulric2
You'll think Tesco is a proper task at first, but you get used to it.
It works out much cheaper than shopping at Costcutters and it helps break your day up sometimes.

alright :smile:
My budget last year was £50 per week, and it was such a massive waste of money.
I had fast food three times a week, a weekly roast dinner down the dirty duck, went to the SU for drinks every day I had lectures, had a lovely stock of coke and chocolate. I put on half a stone!!! :o:

This year I've cut my budget down to £20 a week, so hopefully that will encourage me to eat healthier and more sensibly, and should easily have enough for a weekly treat of maccies or subway or something! :smile:

I don't understand how people say "I'VE ONLY GOT £80 A WEEK, WILL IT BE ENOUGH?!" if that doesn't include nights out, what the hell are you eating?! I was eating like a freakin' king on £50 a week!
Reply 46
screenager2004
I had fast food three times a week, a weekly roast dinner down the dirty duck, went to the SU for drinks every day I had lectures, had a lovely stock of coke and chocolate. I put on half a stone!!! :o:

This year I've cut my budget down to £20 a week, so hopefully that will encourage me to eat healthier and more sensibly, and should easily have enough for a weekly treat of maccies or subway or something! :smile:

I don't understand how people say "I'VE ONLY GOT £80 A WEEK, WILL IT BE ENOUGH?!" if that doesn't include nights out, what the hell are you eating?! I was eating like a freakin' king on £50 a week!

£20 a week? I'd starve to death! Recently I calculated my weekly budget (and that only includes healthy food, no fast food ***** or anything like that) and it came down to £50 a week - and that doesn't even include going out, just shopping :mute:
piszczel
£20 a week? I'd starve to death! Recently I calculated my weekly budget (and that only includes healthy food, no fast food ***** or anything like that) and it came down to £50 a week - and that doesn't even include going out, just shopping :mute:

How?!!!??!!? My entire family of four adults and three big dogs do a fortnightly shop of all food, alcohol, toiletries and cleaning products and it only comes to £200.

Must be the brands you buy or something :P I had £50 a week in my first year at Warwick and I ate Macdonalds and Pub Lunches most days :P it was extravagant living!
Reply 48
screenager2004
How?!!!??!!? My entire family of four adults and three big dogs do a fortnightly shop of all food, alcohol, toiletries and cleaning products and it only comes to £200.

Must be the brands you buy or something :P I had £50 a week in my first year at Warwick and I ate Macdonalds and Pub Lunches most days :P it was extravagant living!

No I just eat a lot lol. I can go through about 50 eggs, 9-12 turkey steaks, loads of fruit and veg etc. a week. I'm not fat either, I just exercise a lot :smile: Whoever said eaiting healthily is cheap has never ate healthily :yep:
Got less than £20 a week after rent in the first term lol. Hoping parents will dish out :biggrin:
Reply 50
screenager2004

£20? I spend that a week on chicken alone....
Bulric2
£20? I spend that a week on chicken alone....

?!
Reply 52
screenager2004

?!

I see what you did there....
Nah, chicken breasts isn't it. For gym etc etc
Reply 53
screenager2004

?!

Lol I'm ust gonna assume that you weigh about 6st and can eat one meal a day haha :h:
Bulric2
I see what you did there....
Nah, chicken breasts isn't it. For gym etc etc

Hehe well luckily I'm not a body builder!
One guy in our halls ate so much chicken breast and eggs for his sport. At the end of the year he had enough egg boxes to block a doorway. It was truly impressive :smile:

I think it worked out as like 7.5 eggs a day! I am merely a woman, I can't eat that many! Good luck to you though
Reply 55
screenager2004
One guy in our halls ate so much chicken breast and eggs for his sport. At the end of the year he had enough egg boxes to block a doorway. It was truly impressive :smile:

I think it worked out as like 7.5 eggs a day! I am merely a woman, I can't eat that many! Good luck to you though

Why would he keep all the boxes? Surely you would just throw them out after you ate all the eggs lol
Reply 56
screenager2004

Bugger me, I hope for his sake he didn't eat the yokes too.
Why did he keep the boxes though....
Reply 57
Bulric2

Actually whole eggs are very healthy. I had to explain this to countless people as myself I eat about 8 eggs a day so everyone thinks I'll die of high cholesterol.

In a nutshell, there are two types of cholesterol, good and bad. Eggs have the good type in them.

The more you know...
Reply 58
piszczel
Actually whole eggs are very healthy. I had to explain this to countless people as myself I eat about 8 eggs a day so everyone thinks I'll die of high cholesterol.

In a nutshell, there are two types of cholesterol, good and bad. Eggs have the good type in them.

The more you know...

There's about 50 cals in a yolk, if you eat 8 a day that's 450cals + the 130 or so from the whites.
+ They're high in Cholesterol, but the fact there's no carbs in them is still good.
I just eat the whites as a protein supplement really. :p:

/health freak
Bulric2

piszczel
Why would he keep all the boxes? Surely you would just throw them out after you ate all the eggs lol

It is a mystery! :biggrin:
You do end up collecting strange things when you're in halls though.

For example: I filled my entire noticeboard up with library receipts, and my mate collected all his pepsi cans (also blocking a doorway)

Spoiler

Latest